Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

LHD Steering Rack Wanted

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Does anyone have a LHD steering rack going spare for a post 1981 car?

I think I was using mine to push around that R5 Gordini and I let it go away with the car thinking I'd never need it. Turns out I would have been handy but not quite enough to give Franzose money for a new one - it's for a 1983 LHD car that's much like a GTL.

Same as early ones ?

Are they different to early ones ?

Can probably help with an early one and if you are really stuck I can go to a breaker and get you a later one

I would take up Simon and Juliet's offer. I initially sold my original Lt hand rack, then had to source another. Luckily Paul and Pat in France had one, and had it delivered to Deal, where I went and picked it up. So kind and so typical of the fantastic people that use this forum. The other method is French ebay. I have sourced quite a few 'pieces', but postage can be 'tres cher'.

Brilliant, thankyou :hug: The RHD early rack doesn't fit the GTL column, but I'll check the LHD as I'm tempted to convert the Rodeo to RHD so might have one.

I'll figure out what I'm doing before getting in touch - we're booked on to one of those mess around in the Sahara things in April and I want to take a Renault 4, but the car has to stay there so I'm thinking a LHD shell that I don't want bolted to some chassis I don't want.

Steering rack rubber boots

Does anyone know where i might buy steering boots for a 1969 r4 three speed lhd rack?

Dick ruzzin

Back