Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Location, location, location - PLEASE!!!!!!!

Steve Hennessey

A recent post by Malcolm - er sorry - Clementine has just reminded me of something that's been bugging :mad: me for ages - not just on this forum but others I use as well.

Those of you who have registered and others who are thinking of registering PLEASE go into your personal information and say where you are from. Fill in the bit that asks what country you're from and what County or province.

The reason is obvious (to me, anyway). If you post a request for spares or technical help then the people replying will be able to target their reply more accurately.

For example, you are after some big end bearings for an early R4 and you receive replies to the tune of "Joe Bloggs down the road has some" or "email this UK address as they sell them". The person posting then informs you that he lives in Outer Mongolia so your replies are then invalid.

Sometimes I spend ages going through books and technical data as well as searching on the internet before I post a reply and as some of you may know, I am very famliar with R4's having worked on them when I was a mechanic.

So, I'm going to take the step of not replying to any postings that don't have the member's location - even if I know I can help!

If you think my request is unreasonable and I'm being a miserable old git, please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

You're a miserable old git Steve :D

But it's a good point - the web knows no boarders (apart from the Chinese one funnily enough), so there are people here from the UK, France, Netherlands, Columbie, Slovenia, Canada, USA, Laos etc. But most things about our old Renaults (not involving selling parts or cars) should be much the same around the world.

But despite this, it's cool to know where everyone is from. You can use the page: http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile to say a little more about your location and interests. Anything important like your email address is not made public.

Thanks for your support Malcolm - I'll wear it always:D

When you turn 50 as I did 4 years ago, you become a miserable old git and you begin to watch the 'Grumpy Old Men' series and variants on BBC2 to justify your existance and to set the tone for the next 50 years:wink:

Lets hope people take note otherwise I'll have nothing else to talk about;)

Steve (Haverhill, Suffolk, England, UK, The World, The Universe)

All is revealed?

C'mon you two old f**ts. Start the ball rolling and make up a few interesting facts about yourselves and your justification for being here (on the forum I mean!) Tell us your birthdays too so we'll know when we've forgotten to send the ecard. :D

I'm from Bedfordshire UK (although unlike Steve I'm not going to say which universe. According to physicists there may be tens of thousands of those critters popping in to existance and then disappearing again every second. Any long term guess as to which one I'm currently in would be futile. Fortunately Bedfordshire seems to stick around amid all the flux).

I'm actually a stuffed cat, so most likely was sown together rather than born, but my date of manufacture was circa 2003 if that's any help. I'm only here because they don't allow stuffed cats on most other forums.

I can't think of many ways to persuade people to post their location when posting things that are location specific. There's a helpful sticky post in the buy/sell section, but nobody ever reads it. I don't want to make it compulsary to enter the information when registering (don't like compulsary things). Just as easy to ask if someone forgets. That way we can mention the missing contact details too.

You've been watching too much 'Star Trek' Malcolm;)

OK, we won't make the location bit compulsory - just mandatory:smile:

...and I'll bet Clementine :clementi: was made in China. Did you hear the rumour that they are taking over Renault and will be producing R4's again in Tibet for sale to Buddhist monks only.

Now where do I sign up?:roll:

Return of the R4

John Doe said:
Now seriously do you think that a car like R4 would have any chance on todays market?
I think that fairly soon public opinion will deem the big 4WD tanks we see in town obscene and vulgar. With petrol breaking the £1 per litre barrier it'll be green and trendy to have an economical, versatile and extremely good looking car. Especially a blue one. ;)

...typographical error by Bluebell...

...What Bluebell ment to say in her last thread is:

I think that fairly soon public opinion will deem the big 4WD tanks we see in town obscene and vulgar. With petrol breaking the £1 per litre barrier it will be trendy to have an economical, versatile and extremely good looking GREEN R4, especially like Ians.

We all make typo's Bluebell so dont worry..even I do.

yadirf no nidoB niluoM el ta uoy gniees ot drawrof gnikool ma I

Nai Yrubnats

PS Clementine - Its not Hvratskan - promise

PPS: This Le moulin Braud where my good friends Dominique, Daniel, Lucien and Charlotte Pilastre live

• cimg0323 email.jpg
    cimg0323 email.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 163
Clem in the many worlds theory you don't just exist in one iniverse.You exist in all of them except the ones where the random event that created that universe affects you. ie vogons blow up the earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass

Back