Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My Green Dragon And Me

Paprika

Hello everyone!

I've been a member here for a while (not posting much though), and I really love this community.
My name is Igor, I'm 29 and I'm from Serbia.

I drive 1980 'R4 TL special' built in Slovenia. Great build! Could not be more satisfied with the car. I drove it, my mother drove it before me and my father before her. We drove it a lot during these years and it didn't break down. Ever!

It's pretty bad on the outside 'cause my brakes didn't work quite good for a while... You can tell where this is going :)...

It has GREAT engine though. Transmission is very 'jumpstarty' :) In first several meters off the trafficlight I'm in front of everyone! And that just P***es off those frowny guys in Audis and BMWs (They never expect that)... :]

I intend to restore it to original state... well almost original. I'm thinking of chroming bumpers, wheels and all other steel parts that need to look 'metalish'.

Also, I would like to know if you think that putting chromed front mask is good idea or it's better left black (as it was when it was new).

Here are some photos of the car in current (pretty poor) state.

• Dragon_01.jpg
    Dragon_01.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Dragon_02.jpg
    Dragon_02.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 161
Welcome to the forum Igor. I think your car would look great with the early parts. It's already got the right wheels (they'd look good painted cream). Chrome bumpers and an aluminium grille would look neat, but can you find them over there? Over here they are very rare.

Is the chassis in good condition or will you need to do a lot of welding? And do you plan to keep the green colour?

Well, here it goes:
Lot of welding is needed. It really is. Actually I could use some advice about fixing rear suspension (dunno how that's called in english, but that joint where rear wheel is attached to chasis). Some guy that calls himself an expert 'fixed' that for me, so now it's bent and wheel stands under wrong angle.

It's definitely going to be metallic green. It couldn't be Green Dragon if it isn't green. :] I love that (original) color.

For the bumpers - I'm going to get them chromed (pair of new ones) myself. Well... not myself, I'll take them to be chromed for me.
Grille (that's the word I couldn't remember) I'm having trouble finding the black one. And aluminium one... Well... that was just an idea. I think I'd best like it black.

Thank you for all the effort! I now need to go 'cause my lady behind me is bored... :]

Seeya all!

Back