Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Mystery French Scappers

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
One from the MIG welding forum - anyone fancy a car identification challenge? I reckon the black one has Peugeot written on the instrument panel (maybe a clue). Other one looks Renault but more 4CV like than actual 4CV.

Just been downloading some stuff from my camera and found these that I took in November near my house in France. These are abandoned in a wood close to the road along with all sorts of old farm and domestic junk like old (I mean 1930's vintage!) fridges etc. I think the black one may be a 50's Simca Aronde but I could be wrong and the other one is the remains of a Renault 4cv. Malcolm might have a better idea being a fan of French rust buckets sorry Renaults! LOL I also know where theres a 1930's Renault KZ8 cut down into a pickup. Amazing to see this sort of stuff lying around as its so rare in the UK now. There used to be an ancient bus with trees growing through it near me over there but that went last year.
S6001014.jpg

S6001015.jpg

S6001019.jpg

S6001018.jpg

S6001017.jpg

S6001016.jpg

The smaller of the two was a Renault 4cv at one time.
The other could be a Renault Fregate, a 50's medium size saloon.

Just had another look and I think you are correct with a Simca, also notice the roofrack in front of the car. There are sockets built into the roof so the rack can be bolted directly to the roof, peugeot also had this up to the 404, and perhaps the 504 but I havent seen one of these for a long time.
Allan

It's a Renault Fregate for sure, even though I could not recognize the body at first glance, the cylinder head and instruments are certainly Renault.

Back