Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

fever

Enthusiast
Hi mates!! I am the proud owner of not one but two R4 TL´s... I live in Spain, where is not uncommon to see them as everyday cars althought they are becoming rarest and admired ....

this is my white one, now I have to do some repairs to the brakes to obtain a fresh new mot...

and this is the red one, I am currently selling it for 550 euros,,

d11e7529.jpg

52778d2b.jpg

this other one was what started it all,, I sold it months ago, but I could not bear to live without them..

3552ed1c.jpg

mates you have a friend here in Spain.. if you need something...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Occasionally a Spanish made car turns up in the UK - I've got one, and I love the specification - the dash mounted handbrake on French built cars disappeared when disc brakes arrived. The Spanish cars combine all the best features. Although they do seem a little heavier than the French cars - did the Spanish use thicker metal?

Whereabouts in Spain are you based? From your writing I'm guessing English isn't your second language.

Clementine said:
Welcome to the forum. Occasionally a Spanish made car turns up in the UK - I've got one, and I love the specification - the dash mounted handbrake on French built cars disappeared when disc brakes arrived. The Spanish cars combine all the best features. Although they do seem a little heavier than the French cars - did the Spanish use thicker metal?

Whereabouts in Spain are you based? From your writing I'm guessing English isn't your second language.

hello again... I will do some investigations here to reveal the truth about spanish vs french metal gauge :rolleyes: ....

I live in Madrid... and it would be too much from me to say that I have a second language... I have one language (spanish) and try to do my best with english, althought I think that I am a real mess with it...:roll: :roll:

Best Regards, Angel

You had me fooled! I thought English was your first language, and you had moved over with all the others from the UK just to annoy the Spanish by increasing the property prices.

I drove past Madrid a couple of years ago but didn't make the time to stop. It was the first time I had visited Spain (I had been put off by reports of Benidorm). I enjoyed Barcelona and Granada.

I am thinking of getting a second one, but the one I am looking at in the Baleares is rather pricey, and the seller wont go down in price. Can you give me some details on yours if it has not been sold. I will be over in Spain in December. I hold a current valid Residencia, so paperwork is not a problem (or no more of a problem than it usually is in Spain!) If it is easier for you, reply in Spanish, aunque no vivo alli ya, no he olvidado todo!

I am thinking of getting a second one, but the one I am looking at in the Baleares is rather pricey, and the seller wont go down in price. Can you give me some details on yours if it has not been sold. I will be over in Spain in December. I hold a current valid Residencia, so paperwork is not a problem (or no more of a problem than it usually is in Spain!) If it is easier for you, reply in Spanish, aunque no vivo alli ya, no he olvidado todo!

Hi... I sold the red one quickly, but I thing that it won´t be difficult for you to find a cheap one in Baleares, because there are still plenty of them, most of them in regular use..
If you want I can write a post in this forum (http://www.foro.pieldetoro.net/foro/index.php) and if someone replies me I will forward you the contact...

and welcome back to Spain !!

I have looked at segundamano.es quite a lot, and I will continue to look, but there are also a couple of sites of interest, piel de toro and club 4567 as well, but thanks a lot for the hint. Gracias y vaya bien!!

In reply to Clementine, by the way, my 1990 Clan (Spanish) has a conventional floor mounted lever, but a 1984 van that I drove years ago has some sort of lever that you pulled on. And as a relation to price, there is a 1993 Clan in Madrid with 100k kms on the clock going for €3k. There are some good photos as well. I have my eye on a F6 for €900. The advantage of most cars in Spain, but not all is the fact that they are not rusty, cos that is the one thing that kills these things stone dead. As I have mentioned before, segundamano.es is the best place to look, cos it is dealing with eveyday cars, whilst the classic forums tend to be overpriced.

Thank you for the link, I had totally forgotten about this site! I have the money. I have the knowledge, now I need to find the time to get over there!

Thanks for that one, I am not in the Baleares at the moment, but I will send my mechanic round to have a look, though, cos even if I dont get it, after seeing mine, he is after one!

Back