Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New Zenith 28IF carb and alternator

MJH

Enthusiast
I have available a brand new Zenith 28IF carb never fitted to a car; in excellent as new condition. This carb would be suitable for 850CC engine cars. Also R4 brand new alternator. Also got new early 747cc engined R4 carb and new electric auto choke 1962 carb for early 1123 model.
Sensible offers only; don't make insulting offers please!

I have available a brand new Zenith 28IF carb never fitted to a car; in excellent as new condition. This carb would be suitable for 850CC engine cars. Also R4 brand new alternator. Also got new early 747cc engined R4 carb and new electric auto choke 1962 carb for early 1123 model.
Sensible offers only; don't make insulting offers please!

I am definitely interrested in the carburettor if it will fit my R4 F6 van with the 1108 engine.
What makes you sure that it is for the 850 engine only?
My F6 is equipped with a Zenith 28IF as well!

Could you post a few pictures of the carb and of it's serial #'s?

Thanks a lot!

David

Thanks for enlighten me Melc. :rolleyes:

But I'm well aware of what MJH asked for and you can be sure that - if the carb fits my engine - he will get an ample offer from my side.

The 747cc carb interests me for my '68 project but could you give a clue as to what would insult you and what wouldn't as I'd hate, for example, to proffer £50 squids plus postage intending to do the latter and inadvertantly end up doing the former ;)

Would I be right in thinking the deal is already done on the other carb, the one for the 845cc engine or is there now sufficient interest to fleabay it?

regards as always

David

( sultry in the Pyrenees - cat out doing whatever cats do on warm dark nights)

THe carbs and alternator are still available having received a couple of offers.
Here is some information.
ZENITH 28IF: has the following reference numbers. 751215 VO5060 14L5
The breather tube is blanked off which leads me to believe it is for a pre 1970 845cc R4. At this stage in development, the rubber tube would go from the rocker cover to the lower part of the air cleaner.
ALTERNATOR: Part number 7701348609 Ducellier 7549E 12/14V 40A D8
2 X New SOLEX F22IDS carbs with manual choke
Hope all this information helps interested parties.

The carbs are still available, but your email address doesn't work; keeps getting bounced back. Give me some other way to contact you

Here is an update regarding the carbs and the alternator. I've attached some photos of these new parts.
They are now for sale with prices:-
New Zenith 28IF carb £65
2 x Solex 22IDS carbs £65 for the pair
Alternator (see part number on photo) £50
All have never been fitted to a car so they are new and in very good condition as photos show.
Can be collected in Nottinghamshire or posted with additional cost.

Also have R4 tailgate suitable for most models. It does not have cut outs for later cars for additional lights. Was new and used on my 1962 restored 4L for a couple of months whilst I restored the original tailgate Surplus to my needs. For sale for £50

• Zenith 28IF 3rd.JPG
    Zenith 28IF 3rd.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 428
  • R4 Alternator.JPG
    R4 Alternator.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Solex 22IDS.JPG
    Solex 22IDS.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 413
  • Zenith 28IF.JPG
    Zenith 28IF.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 395
  • Zenith 28IF 2nd.JPG
    Zenith 28IF 2nd.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 395
16th October 2011
The Zenith 28IF carb is now sold.
The 2 x Solex 22IDS carbs for early 747cc R4 are still for sale reduced to £50 for the pair
The alternator is also still for sale for £50
Tailgate also still for sale reduced to £40
Get in touch if you want to buy

Carbu Zénith 28

Is it possible to order one Carbu Zénith 28?
could you send it in Belgium or do you have an adress where we can take it?

thanks

Back