Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

p reg clio 1.2

d~lo

hi brought a clio 1.2 recently it was tempremental at startin took it to my mechanic who said it could be the imobizer ecu playin up is there anyway of bypassing it? cheers

If its not turning over its the small terminal on the starter loose, just replace terminal. (immobalisers dont control starter motor)
if its cranking it will be crank sensor (top of bell housing) or engine temp sensor (square terminal R/H on cyl head.
an immobaliser fault has red L.E.D for immobaliser flashing fast instead of on constantly.
best of luck

sorry 4 got to say the engine is cranking over, had a look at the red l.e.d it is flashin fast, is there any way's of overcoming this problem?

dunno about the Clio but on the Laguna you could key in the code instead of using the remote. IIRC you had to put your foot right down on the accelerator, then put the first digit of the code in release your foot then back down on the accelerator next digit of the four number code, etc until it was complete. Once it was complete the red light would flash and off you go, the car will then start. to ky in the number you used the anonymous looking switch on the end of one of the stalks. Does your manual tell you anything about it at all?

Google, is your friend looks like it may be the central locking button that does it on the Clio, of course you do need to know the code number, it was normally on a credit card size piece of plastic which came with the cars documents

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=56926

if this clio has central locking you are aware that you have to lock and unlock the doors using the remote control to turn the immobaliser off. it will passive arm after 30 seconds. If it hasnt got central locking theres a chip in the key try spare key to rule this out as faulty, otherwise the chip reader ring around the ign barrel could be at fault around £30.

Thanks for linking me site pepper, Thats a old forum anyway, I can get you the code, Cost is only £10. and ill talk you through how to enter it, to get your vehicle running Etc,,

If the car still doesnt start, i`ll talk you through getting it running.

thanks
Mick

www.mobilemick.co.uk

Last edited:
Back