Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Petrol tank flush

MonsieurBertillon

Evening . I have to take off my petrol tank to give it a clean out - plus I managed to drop my key barrel down the chute whilst breaking it off as no key

Anyway , just wondered what people use to clean the tank out with before re-installing?

Merci

Evening . I have to take off my petrol tank to give it a clean out - plus I managed to drop my key barrel down the chute whilst breaking it off as no key

Anyway , just wondered what people use to clean the tank out with before re-installing?

Merci
There's a really good guide to cleaning a tank and using POR15 (which, as mentioned above, is excellent) from about halfway down this page:

More ideas here:

Just seeing 'Monsieur Bertillon' took me back 50 years....

There's a really good guide to cleaning a tank and using POR15 (which, as mentioned above, is excellent) from about halfway down this page:

More ideas here:

Just seeing 'Monsieur Bertillon' took me back 50 years....
Many thanks for your help there Andy. Yes , the Bertillon family extend their thanks

Me too.
Were you at school in Cheltenham as well Andy? Did you do French exchanges with Annecy?
Hi David - Happy New Year!
No, I lived in Cambridge when I was at school - I moved to Cheltenham in the early 90s.

Hi David - Happy New Year!
No, I lived in Cambridge when I was at school - I moved to Cheltenham in the early 90s.
Happy New Year to you too!

I went to Annecy (twinned with Cheltenham) in the late seventies. I was learning to drive at the time and remember my first trip in the front passenger seat of a LHD car - quite alarming! it was a R16 owned by my host family. My dad had a 16 at the time.
Saw many cars on that trip that I would still love to have today.

Back