Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Pudle on the floor

Nick Banwell

Enthusiast
Puddle on the floor

I got in my car this morning to find a puddle of water in front of the passenger seat. It has been raining down here but I didn't drive in the rain yesterday - the puddle has appeared overnight as it was parked.
Any suggestions of common causes of R4 leaks world be appreciated.
Many thanks

Last edited:
Windscreen seal seems a common one - mine leaked horrendously when I refitted the windscreen.
(Worth fixing as otherwise it gets into the inside of the bulkhead and rots it away from inside)

Otherwise could be the door seals.

Re Puddle...........

It's a funny thing having puddles on the floor.
My Renault 4 GTL suffers from the same problem but only when parked in Devon. In London even in the heaviest downpours it does not happen at all.
I was very interested to read about the Windscreen seals failing as I had put the problem on my car down to it having a Sunroof.
Hope you cure yours soon as none of us want a floor to rot.
SAM 119

Thanks for the advice. I have had a look tonight and will look again in the daylight at the weekend.
Much appreciated

I'd second windscreen seals. The doors don't leak as there's a heck of an overhang on the roof. If you had been driving the torsion bar covers would have been the other option.

To fix buy windscreen sealant and inject it behind the seal (from the outside of the car).

Back