Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Quatrelle Wiki

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
A wiki is a collection of web pages that anyone can edit. It might be a better way to collect the information we have on this forum so that people can find it when they need it.
This is an idea I've been pondering for a while, and after talking to Malcolm and Steve in Kent yesterday I've decided to give it a shot.

The new wiki is hosted at http://quatrelle.wikia.com/ and I invite everyone to have a look. I'm slowly adding content at the moment - see the page on shock absorbers to get an idea of how it could look with your help.
Feel free to add your own notes to the pages, or even just paste a link back to the forum topics where the answers to common questions are found.

Excellent idea Tom. What's the use in knowledge if it isn't shared, though I feel I may be more of a reader than a contributor. Thanks for starting us off.

Pictures?

Excellent, have had a go creating a page. The text bit is easy, but for the life of me, I can't get a picture on there. Any ideas?

Yes great idea Tom, it should be very useful I'm sure. Much easier to search for info in the future.

Barnfind

Are you uploading your own photo from the computer? Are you on the below page? If you are then click on the 'Photo' icon circled...

OP3AR.png

This window should come up...

FGzQG.png

Click on 'Choose File' and then browse your PC.

Once you've chosen one you will get something like this...

iyPlw.png

Choose how big or small you'd like the picture by moving the slider under the 'Layout' heading or click on the radio button to choose 'Full-size'.

Then decide the alignment, either left or right.

After that just click 'Add Photo' and it should appear on the page. When you're done you can preview your work and it should turn out a little something like this...

Klcow.png

Is that any help or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks Tom. It looks good. I hope to add some bits and bobs.

Nice to meet you on Sunday. Hope you had a good trip back.

Jonathan

Thanks

Is that any help or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

That was great. I managed to upload several after that. My first attempts didn't seem to get the right response from the website, so, maybe something was wrong at their end as well.

Back