Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 convertable

ggcton

Enthusiast
Advertised for fellow club member Tony Toplis of Grantham Lincs

Car is defined as a R4TL, but it is fitted with a R5 1108cc engine with front disc brakes, and there is an engineers report of acceptance with the car. The car is the same as the French built JPS and so is 27cm shorter than the standard and so is a two-seater, but has a full roll-over bar system.

French built JP4s had the 956cc engine. There is no weather gear and the seats were rotten. I have added but not fitted high back seats with mounting frames, and the throtte linkage and operation will be sorted this week. Paint work will also require renewal as chafing by wind under a plastic sheet has removed the original in places. The front and rear wings and the inner front wings are all rust and rot free. Alloy wheels with locking nuts but out of date tyres are fitted. All electrics work.

Engine will be running, but brakes will require sorting as will the chassis and cross member which has been attacked with the 'tin worm'.

I do have a valid V5C.
£450
054.jpg

renault4JP4003.jpg

055.jpg

£450

Telephone Tony Topliss 01476 573212

anthony.topliss@homecall.co.uk

Looks like a Malibu kit to me. I have a blue one and saw one on e-bay a few months ago, it went for £600 I think.
Allan

Back