Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 F6 value?

hutchr4f6

Enthusiast
Hello,
Thanks for looking at the post.... its a precursor to a for sale ad!!
Having loved the R4 forever and having owned several a few years ago, I was more than happy when one fell into my lap last summer.
Basically... my folks live most of their life in southern France and a friend of theirs had one in a barn. It hadn't been on the road for a fair while so I couldn't resist making an offer! Anyway.... a drop of fresh petrol later and the car fires up and is purring away.
I went through the brakes running gear etc etc to find it in very well maintained order. This week I have put it through its French CT, in which it passed with flying colours. I'm now awaiting the new Carte Grise (due any day) and the new french plates it will be wearing.

The details are... R4 F6..1984. French legal, currently residing in the Tarn area of France, but will be having a road trip soon....unless someone in France would like it!!

The underneath, chassis etc are in great shape. Theres a very small area on the floorpan just in front of the seat..theres a seam I think...that needs a small weld. The running gear/mechanics are in good condition.
The body... well its been a farm vehicle!... there are a few dents... the left hand side Apex panel has been damaged and "pulled" out.
Its not the prettiest...lots of character I'd say.

I'd like to know what it is worth please. I'd really appreciate any help in valuing it. As I mentioned, I will be bringing it back to the UK in the next couple of months. I do have some pics of it that I will upload...or will email to anyone interested.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to any response.

Oh...why am I selling it?..... well another one fell into my lap....you know how it is!!!

Kind regards
John

It may also depend on whether you are going to register it in the UK, or whether you expect the new owner to. I suspect that it will be worth more with a UK MOT and on UK plates if you want to sell it in the UK.

Oh and the colour, that's really important ;)

pics

hello,
pictures of F6 as promised

• IMG_0085v.jpg
    IMG_0085v.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 262
  • r4f61v.jpg
    r4f61v.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0084v.jpg
    IMG_0084v.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 248