Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

r4 gtl 1.1 1985

L'R4

Enthusiast
r4 gtl 1.1 1985 shock absorber ruber bush dimensions, please?

Hi guys, it's me again! A quick update.
Thanks to your help: I got my front wheel beerings fairly cheap, haven't fitted them yet but they look fine. In the process of buying the tie rod eyes from our portuguese friend on french ebay. The only thing still missing for 'Bernadette' to go through the MOT is the rear shock absorber rubber bush. Couldn't find it anywhere and don't know its name in French either to look for it in France. I found 3 British companies that do after market poly bushes, but I need the dimensions for them (rear shock absorber rubber bush). If anyone can help with the dimensions 'Bernadette' would be grateful.
Thank you very much,
Edi:confused:

Last edited:
Are you looking for the mounting to the body (rear of the damper) or the mounting to the axle (front of the damper)? Generally both are supplied with new dampers which is by far the easiest option.

As malcolm says, it's normally easier to just change the dampers!

DeCarbon are the way to go for the rear. Photo looks like a stock photo, but I don't have the part numbers to check they are right. If they are listed for the R4 I'd go for them.

I am not sure, but it should be the same seller from which I bought all 4 dampers for my r4 some months ago, I will look on my ebay... Yes, it is. Fast delivering, quality product, the image is only as an example.

Back