Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 GTL & R5 Mk1 Steering rack bush kit

Steve Hennessey

1 x Genuine Renault steering rack end bush kit for the R4 GTL and R5 Mk1 part number 7701455251

Our racks are pretty robust but after a while the end bush can get worn and lead to an MOT failure. This end bush is the opposite side to the driver so will suit both LHD and RHD racks. You will need some mechanical knowledge to fit this as the rack has to be removed and dismantled first. As RHD racks are getting rare now, this may get you out of trouble!

£15 inc postage (UK only)

• strack kit.jpg
    strack kit.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 155
I am interested in this if its still going, mine is all over the place - not sure if its the bush or inner track rod end.

Regards,
Andrew

Hello Andrew,

It's yours if you think you need it. If you jack the car up on the nearside, remove the wheel and turn the steering to full left hand lock, then see if these any up and down / side to side movement in the rack. Please can you confirm if you definitely want this. Thanks
Steve

Good test seems obvious now!, its my inner track rod end that's knackered !

Regards,
Andrew

Good! That's saved you buying the kit so all you need is to sort the inner joint. I have a feeling that you may be able to adjust the play providing there's no other damage. I may be wrong on this but something in my distant memory tells me that I once did it and it cured the problem.

Let's hope you can too!

Steve

Back