Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 roof rack

Mikey

Enthusiast
Hi All, Is there anybody out there with a roof rack for sale? If not, is there somebody who makes them? Mikey.....:confused:

I was looking for a vintage one, they are quite common on lbc but usually miss pieces, such as rubber corners and fixings...
Are those parts still available anywhere?

'Giorno Azazello! -I have no idea if the small bitz&pieces are still available.I made my own rubber-bits out of white rubber-compound -seems to work fine so far.. -R.

Hi - we have got an OLD (make as well as age :)) one in our barn, may be missing rubber feet - but there is a lot of water between you and us!!

Actually we have got 2 - pictures below - the grey alloy one is complete with all the fittings, the bronze one needs the rubber feet, and the clamps.
They are available for the same price we paid for them - €100 for the grey one, €40 for the bronze one.
A member of this forum is coming to collect a Citroen H van from us in the next couple of weeks, so it may be possible to arrange transport with him.

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 292
Hi paulandpat! the upper one looks very nice,but surely this must be meant for the CV4 ?? -as it's so "rounded" to follow roof-contour it will look wrong on a 4L -or am I completely wrong here?
Citroen HY?? Now we're talking..I still can recall the amount of noise inside!-imagine the looks I got when I had mislaid my earplugs and put a filter-cigarette in each ear to survive..
-in spite of noise I have fond memories driving one years ago from North of Sweden to home.Took about an hour but if I didn't let the foot off the acc it would eventually roll allong at nearly 120+ and the steering was really spot-on.Just point it to where you want to end up-other side of some serious tilting and swaying (no not swearing) you'd always find yourself where you hoped to be.... I'd love to have a HY-especially the long wheel-based one. They made some nifty campers don't know if they were made by Citroen,but they looked SO damn cute..Hope yours goes to a good deserving home :hug: -R.

There was a weird display inside the local shopping centre last week with a Citroen H Van camper and a DS parked in a little garden. Don't know what it was in aid of, but they did look very cute.

The H Van is a horse box, and its gone to a farmer in the UK.
The grey roof rack won't actually fit on a 4cv its not curved enough!
We did have a LWB H van , but had to sell it to pay for a new roof on the house we now live in - it went to California!

Hi!
Has anybody tried fitting an EMPI or similar roof rack for VW type 1 beetles on a Renault 4?
From my calcs the distance between gutters looks very similar. Or are there any other retro racks out there for r4s?

Back