Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Tailgate - £1 starting bid

722stu

Enthusiast
Hello, I bought this some time ago, never used it and I'd like it to go to a good home in our community, hence the £1 starting bid.
Here's the link.
Kind regards,
Stuart.

Hello, I,m very interested in the tailgate. Are they the same for early or later models ? mine is a 1984 model ,.
Many thanks Jeremy.

Hi Jeremy,
I believe there were a few changes to the hinges in the mid-1960s. In this case, judging from the catch (single arm) and the badging, this is from a later car and I wouldn't anticipate any issues.
Kind regards,
Stuart.

Hi Jeremy,
I believe there were a few changes to the hinges in the mid-1960s. In this case, judging from the catch (single arm) and the badging, this is from a later car and I wouldn't anticipate any issues.
Kind regards,
Stuart.
Many thanks Stuart, I was tempted but have decided to work and repair mine. Had you been a bit closer i would have gone for it. Cheers Jeremy.

Many thanks Stuart, I was tempted but have decided to work and repair mine. Had you been a bit closer i would have gone for it. Cheers Jeremy.
Hi Jeremy
I don't know what parts you need for your car, but I may be able to help - and am just up the road in Cheltenham.

No problem Jeremy, I appreciate it's not the smallest of items...

Hi Jeremy
I don't know what parts you need for your car, but I may be able to help - and am just up the road in Cheltenham.
Thanks Andy. I may be in need of parts as my rebuild continues over the winter, what sort of things do you have available? cheers Jeremy.

Thanks Andy. I may be in need of parts as my rebuild continues over the winter, what sort of things do you have available? cheers Jeremy.
Hi Jeremy
That's a difficult question to answer in a few words - I've had R4s for the best part of 40 years now, so have accumulated a few bits and bobs! It's probably easier if you tell me what you might need, and I'll see if I've got it. If you're coming to Cheltenham, drop in for a coffee!

Back