Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4F4 Door seal

Wingnut

Enthusiast
Question for Liam or anyone else who might know. I'm looking for a seal for the rear door of my R4F4. The Renault partnumber is 08.33.131.200. ( See image)

I tried to get it through my Renault-dealer, but it came back as discontinued and stock exhausted. Does anyone know of a 3rd party replacement? If not, I might be tempted to find a rubber parts manufacturer and have a batch of the stuff made.

Is the seal the same cross section as the side door seals? They were available from http://www.reno4er.de/ last year. They might be worth a try. Can't Wind Classics supply any?

Let me know how you get on - I'm going to need a set myself soon.

This seal is approx. 1.5" wide by 1/4" thick. It has a rectangular cross-section, really very basic in design. Both Wind Classics and Reno4er only supply the standard sedan seals. I didn't know you own a F4, Clementine? Considering all F4's I've seen so far have old and tired seals, it might be worth the trouble to have new ones made.

as said over I got mine from MelunRetroPassion while in Thenay.
ask for "Kit joint de coffre arriere pour R4F4" Part# 015454 this is the rubber that goes IN the door-surround-on the body itself . The rubbers that goes Onto the rear-door I got direct from Renault-they are really not of good quality,as they are prone to premature cracking,best to D.I.Y as they're pretty straightforward to do.
-To avoid rattling from the rear-door I used my Universal-Remedy.... used inner-tube -cut a piece that corresponds to size of rear-door catch. (10mmX40mm approx) clean the catch-part where door-striker slides&clicks in/onto.It rests (loosely which makes it rattle) on the underside of the catch itself.clean rubber with some silicone-remover,let dry completely, use a THIN layer of contact-glue on BOTH parts -Also on catch-underside where the latch hits first) or the rubber will be "lifted off"and work loose. wait at least 30mins.stick rubber on(!) make SURE to let 10mm stick outside the catch(out the door) so you can stick this around and under.
Remember to put some glue on the underside aswell.... I used some high-tech cloth-pegs c",) to hold it all down for 24hrs.then put a tiny amount of grease on where the latch hits and slides in-and VOILA! no more rattles...
(Encore je ris mon mauvais rire-and now I can Hear it too) -R.

Back