alpine009.jpg

It's a HEMI
alpine007.jpg

alpine008.jpg

alpine012.jpg

Backup
alpine013.jpg

The Alpine engine

Hi John, very nice pictures. So the Alpine conversion consists in the cylinder head changes only? The rest of engine seems a serial type. What carburettor type is there in the picture? If you will take down the head, can you send the detailed pictures?
Greetings from Prague Pavel

Mmm I always fancied making an Alpine 4! I used to have an original Alpine 5 and apart from the rust it was ace. did you manage to get the rear suspension or at least the rear anti roll bar too?

Hi John, very nice pictures. So the Alpine conversion consists in the cylinder head changes only? The rest of engine seems a serial type. What carburettor type is there in the picture? If you will take down the head, can you send the detailed pictures?
Greetings from Prague Pavel

I am not sure what exactly is different besides the head, there will be more info later. The carb is Weber 32 DIR something :D

Mmm I always fancied making an Alpine 4! I used to have an original Alpine 5 and apart from the rust it was ace. did you manage to get the rear suspension or at least the rear anti roll bar too?

I was thinking about buying matching gearbox but it is too long and can't be converted to dashboard gear change. I traveled 630 kilometers to get this and it didn't cross my mind to buy rear suspension, way too much problems crossing the border with the engine so I was all messed up :( Would the suspension fit? Perhaps I still could arrange something...

You need the rear roll bar to tighten the suspension down, I think Malcolms your best bet for how to get either the axle or rear roll bar fitted.

I don't think they fit. Anti-roll bars might, I've not tried, but much of the rest of the suspension is quite different. I used rough road spec R4 anti-roll bars on my car.

I have no idea where to find parts. I'm using a R4 bottom hose and the Alpine top hose. Other parts I can source from my local motor factor. They are lovely engines.

Back