Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5 gearbox

Stan

Enthusiast
Has anyone got a 5 speed Ts or tx gearbox for sale, or know of one, to be clear it needs to be the dash/umbrella shift as I need it for my r4.

Thanks Stan.

Just put the shift cover of your R4 on the gearbox and your sorted. Easy as that.

Thanks but I think I need the complete gearbox since going by the posts in here the standard 4 speed of the GTL will not be strong enough for the Gordini engine. If I thought the 4 speed was up to the task I would be quite happy with it.
Any advice is very much appreciated.

The 5 speed ha 1 box is only a development of the R4 354/ ha0 box renault never bolted one to a gordini engine
plenty of people have done so and driven to sensible limits will be fine using either
be aware the ts / tx box will actually not give you higher gearing
the tl/ gtl ha 1 designed for 1108 will provide quieter cruising and better fuel economy
sure I have listed box codes before and my ref book hiding at moment
Reidalpine is waiting for me to find a high ratio box but can sell you a ts/tx box if you want one now

Oops sorry I thought I had your number, if you would rather text it my number is 07850352488

hi stan, only just seen your wanted ad. I do have a ha1 box with changed 1st motion shaft and gearbox top ready to fit regards jon

Long way Brittany to Orkney :-)
As a matter of interest do you have gearbox code for it ?

no it's from a r5gtl and has been in my car so I know it's ok. someone else in berks is after it so if you want it better say a s a p wont be a problem to fit except the front mounting.

Screenshot_2014-11-11-08-31-25.png Screenshot_2014-11-11-08-31-25.png a very quick reply as am a passenger in a vehicle at the moment and have never had 5 notifications to come in onthis forum at once before Ole ha1 5 speed gearbox is in use hi gear ratios the difference is in the final drive or differential ratio as it is called sometimes depending on code you can have 4.125 3.44 the best books for relaxed cruising is from tl/gtl 1108 cc R5which has got a 3.1 ratio in i am going to attach the page from the gearbox manual and will discuss in detail when i have got more time and a decent wifi connection20141103_072537.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-11-08-35-35.png

• Screenshot_2014-11-11-08-34-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-11-08-34-51.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
Back