Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rattling boot

Nick Banwell

Enthusiast
Is it just my R4, or do they all have noisy rattling boot doors? Any ideas or suggestions on how to quieten my otherwise joyful journeys would be greatly appreciated.

Mine does the same!
various profiles of new aperture seals for classic vehicles can be had from Woolies [ www.woolies-trim.co.uk ] to approximately match the profile of the worn boot seal. With a re-adjusted boot catch that should do the trick nicely :)

Nick, I think most people's R4 boots rattle!

Mine stopped when I replaced the seal... I used the compatible from comptoir carrosserie, but it was not so compatible. So I bought the "like-original" one, a bit expensive but works fine!

Thanks for the advice - I will look into getting some new seals for my lovely GTL. I had a very serious conversation with a man today who offered me his Lotus Elise in exchange for my R4. Just think what I will be offered when the boot stops rattling!

I use an old t shirt either side of the lock to quiet it down a bit. I found though that the back seat makes most of the noises I thought were the boot, having had my dad and grandad sat there creating silence.

Back