Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

RCCC National 2010 - Photos

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
It was a fun weekend and fantastic weather. We had 3 Renault 4s and a R4 owner without his car on the Saturday, and another on Sunday that arrived after I'd disappeared off on the treasure hunt.

Good to meet up with Lobster and Bobble

three-fours.jpg

Danger of going to a meeting with other Renaults is the temptation to pick up another one. I speant the whole weekend thinking about the R16 that ggcton has for sale. It's a good one.

r16.jpg

There was a good range of cars. We never really lined up like you do at a car show, but a small selection including a Vel Satis and a Renault 7.

sunday-lineup.jpg

Saturday's trip was to the extensive war museum at East Kirkby. Well worth a visit.

lancaster-bomber.jpg

We made an evening of it on Saturday with a BBQ and perhaps too much wine, and camped over in the rally field.

r4-camping.jpg

On Sunday we went out for a treasure hunt (which Bobble won) and a pub lunch.

Thanks to RCCC and ROC. The event worked very well. Good number of cars there still in everyday use which is good to see at these events. More photos in my album: http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=163

Next year we'll need to field some more R4s - we were outnumbered by R16s this year.

4cv-pipe.jpg

Indeed, was a very enjoyable day. Wish I could have stayed for the bbq but sadly a lack of time and all that. Next year hopefully!

Some of my photos at - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_lobster/

(I'll upload the rest shortly!)

Nice to see Bobble in his daily driver.

You won the treasure hunt getting all questions correct and a bottle of wine will be coming your way soon. Gary

Thanks to Gary and everyone who organised the weekend event, the weather was brilliant and we had a good time although my wife could'nt go to far with our dog in tow ( it's very unsociable to other dogs ) but we enjoyed it and it was nice meet other enthusiasts and put a face to the name.:p

We enjoyed the treasure hunt and i think we passed another club doing the same thing as we were ( passed the same two cars and motorbike twice ) sorry that we could'nt stay for the meal at wood's ( we had to pick our son up ) and surprised to hear that we won that ( thank you Gary ).

Maybe when i eventually get the other R4 on the road ( hopefully this year ) we may bring both at some of the meets, anyway thanks again to Gary and the organisers for great weekend, he's a picture of the unsociable dog ( the black and white thing ) and maybe a caravan for the R4 ?

bobble.:rolleyes:

• Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Image047.jpg
    Image047.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 97
Pfft 3 Renault 4's turning up! I reckon it was cos they were all at Le Mans for the racing!

well some of us had to keep the flag flying, proberly see you next time maybe ?

I would have been there apart from we were having a little race of our own in Northern France. For the second year running we went over and made up a team for a bed race around the streets of Lille.

This year we knew what our competition were like so were able to prepare a little better and we flabbergasted to end up coming second.

We are amazing! ;)

Ahh yes i remember now, was it one of the big wooden french sleigh beds or home made ? and well done for coming second ( first maybe next year ? ).

They are ex hospital beds, roll great but are damm heavy!
Judith in the first bed and the winners bed.

• P1010269.jpg
    P1010269.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010275.jpg
    P1010275.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 77
looks great fun and bet they get a good speed on once you get going.:)

Back