Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear Chassis repair advice please..

Q plate

Enthusiast
Hi all Im repairing the rear chassis at the moment the photo shows the section cut out but I've actually plated this now Flush if that makes sense in line with the rest of the chassis section. I know that there's also a 2nd strenghtening plate in this area.. the inner face of this rail is in good order so I plan to leave as is.. my question is I plan to fit the re-inforcing repair section over the top next, do I need to cut out the inner section (of the repair panel) as the chassis rail already has the extra skin there intact. I know It would only be an extra plate of a 1mm or so on top but I'm sure I read here about getting this area as accurate/original as possible as it may affect geometry and re-fitting of the rear suspension etc what you think?Screenshot_20231101_122330_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231101_122147_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
The preparation looks good, but you don't need expensive repair parts.
Buy some zincore sheet metal of the right thickness, make a template and make a inner fitting piece from the sheet metal, drill the holes, thighten the fitted piece with the nuts and bolts and butt weld it in place. Then make the second (the reinforcement) plate and plug and seam weld it.
Don't worry to much about the geometry as that hasn't been affected.
Browse in this site https://renault4.weebly.com/projecten.html and look for the same repairs you are doing.

Last edited:
Back