Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear lock

lazyduck15

Enthusiast
Hello

I am restoring the rear lock on my car. My lock is missing a sort of a spring and a bit of metal on the side. I may fix the issue on the missing metal but not the spring. I have no idea how it looks like nor size.There are no spare parts available down here nor donor, so my last chance is to get some pictures or drawings of the part. Anything may help.

• DSCN0412.jpg
    DSCN0412.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0413.jpg
    DSCN0413.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 161
Rear lock pictures

Hello, here are some pictures...
Greetings from sunny Prague
Pavel :D

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 140
Hola Pavel

Thanks for your pictures, they give me a little more light on the issue. Here are some other pics from the inner moving part of mine. I might be wrong but looks a little bit different than yours unless mine could have been broken. What do you think?
Your spring seems to rest on the back side of the moving part, apparently missing from mine, or is it resting on the rear pin?
See here also the handle mechanism.

Que tengas un buen dia! :)

• DSCN0415.jpg
    DSCN0415.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN0418.jpg
    DSCN0418.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN0420.jpg
    DSCN0420.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN0419.jpg
    DSCN0419.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 126
You are missing a moving part probably

Hello Lazyduck,

there are two moving parts, each holds on its own pin. The spring is winded round the first one and the longer (straight) end of the spring is leant on the second pin, while the curved end is hung on the first moving part. It seems, you are missing the second moving part and your spring seems be broken. I cleaned the part and here is a better picture.
Your second pin was removed earlier, because normally there should be a rivet. You have a screw there. And the pin on the screw seems to be empty - there should be fixed the second moving part.
As far as the other part (the handle on the rear door with the lock), there is no problem.
Regards Pavel :D

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 120
You are right Pavel!! :o

Mine is loosing the second moving part. I have a better idea on the mechanism. This last picture shows the missing part. I will make one (handicraft!), Is there a chance you may draw a rough sketch of this part on the area were the pins attaches to it? I will find my way regarding dimensions.

Regards :)

Here is the rough sketch

Hello Lazyduck,

here is the very rough drawing, as I measured. Unfortunately, I can´t take the measurements better, because the part is riveted in the housing. The inner curve is copying the other moving part, while the outer curve is copying the housing. The part is made out of a steel plate 3 mm thick. Surface is zinc-plated. I can´t measure the riveted pin diameter, because the moving part is pivoted between a shim and a spacer.
Good luck, if you will made it, please send me a picture of your product next time.

Greetings from Prague Pavel :smile:

• missing part.jpg
    missing part.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 104
Pavel

Thanks a lot for your kind attention on taking the chance to providing me with this helpful sketch. I will make the part (Bizarre for sure), I will send you a picture of the finished part.

Best regards from Mexico City :smile:
Javier

Back