Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear seat in F6 van?

Lobster

Enthusiast
Evening all,

Due to the impending arrival of Lobster Jnr, I need to think about fitting a rear seat in my F6 van - I'm fairly sure that a GTL rear seat will bolt straight in but what about seatbelts as I'll need these to secure the babyseat!

Are there seatbelt mountings already in the rear or will Mrs_Lobster be sitting in the back :o

Thanks for your assistance!

You may have to make a few brackets for fastening the back rest if they are not in the car. As I recall there is a toolbox in the F4 and F6 vans. You may have to remove that to make room for the seat. There should be 2 capped off holes in the boot floor. I suspect they are for attaching part of the seatbelts.

Seats

I have seats in my F6, but it is one of those with windows, and a higher roof (known as a 'brake' in English). The passenger seat folds forwards into seat well to allow one to get in, and the seat sits on the floor, but can collapse down, and hinge forward into the recess behind the front seats. As the hinges are 'open', the seat is easily removable. It is held upright at the back, by brackets, attached on either side, that are located on the rear wings. However the bolts into the seat keep undoing themselves, so I am always grubbing around under the front seats looking for them. There is no tool box present. They were not uncommon where I live in Spain, I watched a white one in better condition than mine go in to a scrap heap 2 years ago. I was tempted, but the next day they dropped another car on it. An identically coloured version to mine, has suddenly appeared in the local town. If you know anyone who visits a french scrapheap, you may get all the bits you need. Sadly the white one is no more.

Decided that I wouldn't bother fitting seats in the back of my F6 in the end as it looked like a right load of work that I didn't need. I got around this lack of available seating capacity by buying a GTL to keep the F6 company. Oh, and a Kangoo.

Rear Seat

Decided that I wouldn't bother fitting seats in the back of my F6 in the end as it looked like a right load of work that I didn't need. I got around this lack of available seating capacity by buying a GTL to keep the F6 company. Oh, and a Kangoo.

I think that you have bought wisely and now have all solutions to all your problems.

David

Back