Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4/5/6 Wheels

Mean Green

Enthusiast
I'm trying to locate a set of four wheels for a Renault 5 restoration project.... My car is 1973 TL

The wheels are the same as fitted to later 4 and 6 models. Steel rims with 10 punched holes around them and a retaining nut for some rather gorgeous chrome trims (which I've sourced)..

Can anyone help?

• DSC00829.jpg
    DSC00829.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Cool.... I'm going over to my lockup now will post a picture of the spare so you can compare!

Out of interest do you know the rim width for those wheels? Wondering if they are any wider than the standard R4.

'Fraid not..... I'm pretty sure they're the same though.
Just consulted my 1973 sales literature. The standard tyre size was 145x13... don't know if this matches with later r4's?

Last edited:
Probably is the same. R4 rims are 4 inches wide, but the haynes manual suggests R5 ones could be 4 or 4.5 inch wide.

I'd be dead interested if anyone found a set of 3 stud rims with hubcaps and clearance for brake callipers at 4.5 inches wide or more. But I'm hijacking here. The R4 wheels fitted to Spanish post '83 cars look very similar to the one in your photo if you get stuck and fancy a holiday. They are 4 inch width.

wheels in picture are early 5tl fitted as standard 72 -78 956 cc, also used on r6 tl 1108 cc 71 -78 and take 145 13 tyres ,
they are fitted to cars with bendix disc brakes and are same calipers and disc as used on 4 gtls etc
i am sure that they will clear girling calipers as well

but think all my stock has gone for scrap by now

but!!

have got a whole barn to look in ,if nothing else turns up (definitely some on r6 in barn) see pic
paul

• mini-renault 028.jpg
    mini-renault 028.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 272
That's great..... I'm definately up for a set. If you can locate them.

Back