Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Camshaft Follower Tube Wanted Urgently !!!

mike4gtl

Mad many would insit upon
One of the followers on my renault 4 has lost its end that rubs on the camshaft and i urgently require one as the car is off the road. One from any type of engine will do according to my books 845cc or 1108cc so if any one can help please get in touch.

many thanks mike4gtl (cambridge)

Eh??? Am I reading this correctly??? How does a cam follower lose it's end??? I know they can wear badly, they can get hairline cracks so please explain more. If indeed the end has broken off then have you managed to retrieve it?

If you're in Cambridge and need one urgently then pop up to Wests garage or try Ivor Searle in Soham.

Hi, i think what has happened is the hardend tip or the end that runs on the camshaft has lost its hardened coating and worn the tip of it away, to produce a hole, but as luck would have it hasn't damaged the camshaft. As for sourcing one in the uk new is impossible ive phoned wests and its seems when they moved a couple of years ago, threw out all there old stock, ivor searls, cambridge rebores gosnays and thorntons cannot help me so now i am stuck urgently needing one. i would buy a complete engine if it was reasonably priced.
can any body help ???

I have some of them from a 1108cc engine, but I don't think they will fit on the 845cc engine. What engine do you have? Dimensions of the follower will be of great help.
Make triple sure that the camshaft is OK. I had this happening two years ago on a Volvo B18 engine and the camshaft was also scrap.

yes please to follower

hi ive checked my camshaft and it looks ok and ive looked uo the part number and crossed referanced them to 1108cc and they are the same and measure 19mm wide. how much do you want for it and where are you located as the postal service is up the swanney . thankyou very much mike4gtl

I must check first if they are OK. I am located in Greece. If you need one, no problem, I can give it to you for free.

Back