Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 for sale

Maggie Murray

Long time lover
Renault 4 TL, "P" reg, December 1975. 47k miles. A very shiny bronze colour - previous owner restored and I have had her since 2004. In excellent condition. Now has brand new MOT - tax is due now (end October '07). For the MOT she had replacement front autoroll bar assembly, side light switch, carb. cleaned, fuel filter, points and condenser replaced, fuel pump replaced. She is raring to go now and needs a loving new owner. Please email me for photos and if there is anything else you would like to know. We are based just outside Lymington in Hampshire (SO41).

Oops forgot contact details!!! maggie at murray.uk.com

double oops - forgot to mention 4 new tyres as well....bargain!

Sounds like a lovely one. The '70s TLs are a lot less rattly than the later GTLs and have a better ride.

You can add photos here you know by scrolling down the page a bit from the box where you type your post to find the attach photographs button. From there find them on your computer and upload.

What sort of price are you looking for?

Yes, she's a real babe of an R4 - I've had 5 before this and now also have a R4 4x4 (interesting!!!) in France!
Pricewise I'm looking at around £1800. I think she is "worth it" but then I would say that wouldn't I!? More to the point, she needs a loving owner.

Hubby says he'll try and sort out the photos thing on a web page for viewing but I can send them by email if anyone wants: reminder: maggie at murray.uk.com

TL details

Hi,
I would like to see some photo's but I need a valid Email address please?.
Has she been resprayed?, welded?, I would guess so but just to confirm. 850cc engine?.

Hi, photos will come via email - the email address is as Malcolm suggests - put maggieATmurray.uk.com - with the AT as the usual AT for emails - as Malcolm says this prevents all the spam junk dropping into the box......anyway, you'll have my address with the photos.

The guy prior to me restored her....if there is a respray it is a very good one as there's no sign of any mucky stuff round the edges. Welding - again could have been done with previous guy but for this current MOT there was a patch cut back and patched and welded again.....it is a good job - it was nearside front suspension component mounting. Yes, confirm 850cc engine.

Lue Lue

Hi Maggie
Did you sell your lovely bronze R4? I'm still dreaming of the leopard skin seat covers and me in my Jimmy Choos. Unfortunately, I went and bought a horsebox so R4s are going to have to wait a while....

Hi,
Congrats on your horsebox - I am sure you can find reasons for Choo-in up in that!

No, Lue Lue is still here - things are still at the "interest only" level so far.

Hi Maggie, I saw the photos of your car when Alan pike was keen on buying it.
Don't tell me its still for sale?
I have a 1968 R4. Its not bad, but does need a fair bit of work.
Can you remind me what price you were looking for and exactly where you are.
I am in Kinross in Scotland.
email dartsp250@sky.com
Any chance of forwarding the photos again.
Regards
David Gray

Hi,
Yes, we are still a couple! - she's sitting tucked up out there waiting for the "right one to come along"!! As yet, there has been interest but only remotely - no-one has actually visited!!

I will send photos etc by mail - I priced her at "around £1800", which is what I thought after looking at Clementine's guide indicator in line with the stuff that had been done on her.

We are based in Hampshire - between Brockenhurst and Lymington - SO41 8PN - and Ryanair fly into Bournemouth from Prestwick for about 1p or 99p (before taxes! - and I think they have had to revise their pricing too in line with the "false claims" on airline prices!)

Anyway, take a look at the photos in email.

Maggie

Hi, new here. I'm looking for a renault 4 with right steering preferably a flashy colour for my history teachers son. He collects them. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hi
This particular R4 TL has now been sold. BUT...I have a white R4 GTL which is a 4x4 Sinpar, but this is a LEFT hand drive and is based on the cote d'azur in south France. If our are interested let me have your email address and I can give you the link to the photos.
Cheers
Maggie

Back