Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

RENAULT 4 GTL 1984 1108 CC.FOR SALE

Alanscoot

Enthusiast
RENAULT 4 GTL 1984 1108CC 65630 MILES (UNFINISHED PROJECT).RUNNING FINE WHEN STRIPPED.ALL WELDING DONE,SEAM SEALED AND UNDERSEALED.NEW REAR INNER ARCHES AND LOWER BACK PANEL FITTED.NEW CLUTCH,STARTER MOTOR,BATTERY,COIL,RADIATOR.ELECTRONIC IGNITION.4 NEW O/S TYRES.WHEELS BLASTED AND PAINTED.BONNET ULTRASONICALLY STRIPPED AND 2 SMALL REPAIRS DONE.BUMPERS BLASTED AND ETCH PRIMED.COPPER BRAKE PIPES.NEW FRONT AND REAR DAMPERS,ALL FRONT SUSPENSION JOINTS AND RUBBERS FITTED.NEW DISCS AND PADS WITH REFURBED CALIPERS.NEW FLEXI BRAKE PIPES.2 NEW WINGS (STILL TO FIT).REAR BRAKE ASSEMBLIES TO FIT (SUPPLIED).PETROL TANK TO FIT.BONNET TO FIT.REPLACEMENT INSULATED HEAD LINING FITTED, WORKSHOP MANUAL,.REPLACEMENT PARCEL SHELF.NEW GRILL + ORIGINAL ONE.NEW THERMOSTAT,PLUGS,OIL FILTER,AIR FILTER.MORE BITS AND PIECES SUPPLIED,JUST NEEDS REAR BRAKE BACK PLATES AND BACK HALF OF THE EXHAUST.THIS IS NOW A DIY RESTORATION WITH MOST OF THE WORK DONE,MOST OF THE PARTS SUPPLIED.T=T EXEMPT NEXT YEAR.V5 IS WITH ME.HOUSE MOVE FORCES VERY RELUCTANT SALE.PLEASE PHONE FOR INFO..PRESSING BUTTONS TAKES TOO LONG.BUY IT FOR ...£2500..NO OFFERS,FORTUNE SPENT. (THERE ARE NO FLUIDS IN THE CAR,ie FUEL,OILS,WATER OR BRAKE FLUID.)..WILL MAKE A VERY NICE SOLID R4..CHEERS..ALAN 07703234696..........................DON'T MISS IT.DSC03321.JPGDSC03322.JPGDSC03323.JPGDSC03330.JPGDSC03325.JPGDSC03327.JPGDSC03326.JPGDSC03332.JPG

As I have just joined if you could email me hopefully we can discuss it

Just to add guys,i am looking for a 2 wheeled project...Scooter or Bike.Poss PX for the R4.

THE CAR IS STILL FOR SALE DUE TO A NON PAYING TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. ANY QUESTIONS CALL ALAN...07703234696.

The comment above is incorrect - I paid a £200 deposit which I have foregone and the sale was subject to survey - and I visited the car personally in Leeds. The roof was stoved in on this vehicle (roof collapsed on it) and it has been DIY 'restored' but is still misshapen. Also sections of bodywork have been diy restored with plate not parts in crucial areas around the chassis with thick paint to cover it (which would need to be removed to repair the repair). Anyone purchasing this car would be advised to have it surveyed. It did however pass the HPI test so there is value in the chassis - which would probably need looking at due to the internal rust problem. Alan this is a community page for Renault 4 owners, if anyone wasted anyone's time you wasted mine - you should publish the pictures of your bordywork repairs and the pre roof repair photo. All the best : )

Last edited:
The comment above is incorrect - I paid a £200 deposit which I have foregone and the sale was subject to survey - and I visited the car personally in Leeds. The roof was stoved in on this vehicle (roof collapsed on it) and it has been DIY 'restored' but is still misshapen. Also sections of bodywork have been diy restored with plate not parts in crucial areas around the chassis with thick paint to cover it (which would need to be removed to repair the repair). Anyone purchasing this car would be advised to have it surveyed. It did however pass the HPI test so there is value in the chassis - which would probably need looking at due to the internal rust problem. Alan this is a community page for Renault 4 owners, if anyone wasted anyone's time you wasted mine - you should publish the pictures of your bordywork repairs and the pre roof repair photo. All the best : )
A sad tale indeed. Alarm bells would have rang for me ..... "all welding done".
The seller is yet to respond publicly.
I would not have been happy to travel from West Wales to Leeds to view such a misrepresented example [allegedly]

Back