Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 GTL in London

beedee

Enthusiast
l am looking for sensible offers for my 1986 RHD (B. reg) Renault 4L GT with 1100cc engine.
l have had this car from new,it is MOT'd, has been garaged and regularly serviced. lt has done a genuine 46000 miles. lt is red (rather faded and needs T-cutting) but is in excellent condition. l repeat, sensible offers. l am aware of it's value but would prefer that it went to a real enthusiast. Can be seen in London in October.

1986 4L GT, one owner, 46000 miles only

As l said in my ad, l am seeking 'sensible' offers. As you describe yourself as renault4fan l suspect that you have a good idea of its value. Try me!

I fell in love with Renault 4 cars about 8 years ago when I lived in France for a year and a few of my French friends had them. I've always aspired to have one ever since. I was a late learner driver and have been driving for only two years. In that time I've had 2 old style Nissan Micra's....one given to me by a friend but after a year it failed it's MOT due to a large amount of welding that needed doing. I wanted a R4 then but knew I'd have to save up so opted for another Nissan Micra....old style again as they're nippy and economical, still with the intention of buying a R4 one day, maybe next year.

Yesterday, a lorry took the front off my car, I'm fine but I need a new car!
....So, I find myself looking at R4s again!

So, although I am a BIG renault 4 fan and have been for years, I love them for their looks (fickle, I know) and their quirkiness. In terms of knowing about cars and their value, I'm no good, but I have had a look at others online which are going from anywhere between £800 and £6000!

Do you have any pictures that you could send to me? If you tell me what you think is a fair price, I can say yes or no and not waste your time. I really don't want to offend you by offering an amount which is too low!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beedee, I suggest that you advertise your car again in October complete with a few photos and a better description. There is no point in asking for offers otherwise as there's not a lot to go on. A car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and nobody should even contemplate buying a R4 without seeing it first.

Hi Steve

I am not sure what is going on with this thread ? but i would like to see some photos of your R4 if you are willing to show them. My email is couzensg@yahoo.com

Yours sincerely

Gary

Hi Gary,

My apologies!

What Steve is referring to is the fact that l am currently working abroad and will not return to London until the last week in October. l posted the ad to see if there might be any interest.

The car is just as it is described, in excellent condition considering it is almost twenty four years old. When in London l use it weekly to collect my shopping from the local supermarket. While abroad it sits in its garage.

Photo's would be difficult at this time but if you want to give me a reminding nudge in October l will re-post. l am looking for 'sensible' offers! Renospeed currently have an 85 left-hander import for £2500 so l think you can see where l am coming from.

beedee

Count Me In

As others, I'm very interested. Steve gives good advice, but I'd still like to know more about it. Thanks.
Jeff

My apologies to Geoff and other enquirers! l am not back in London until the last week of October and will not be able to supply photos or arrange viewings until then. Otherwise the car is as described. Given the interest, and to be fair to everyone, l suspect l might have to put it on ebay unless someone wants to make me an offer in advance.

Back