Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4GTL Parts

Andy Sherlock

Enthusiast
Hi,

I'm having a garage clear-out and have the following parts (listed below) for disposal.
All parts were in working order about 10 years ago when taken from a 1982 Renault 4GTL with 104,000 miles on the clock. It was my intention then to restore the (very rusty) car when another (stunning) R4 came up for sale, which I bought. As such, these parts are now surplus to requirement and I doubt that I will ever need them.
I am offering the parts here first, before I offer them for auction on ebay in a couple of weeks time.
I am not looking to make a fortune on these parts, I am more concerned that they do not go to waste and I am hoping that they may be of use to some of you fellow Renault 4 enthusiasts. I really don't want to have to scrap anything if I can help it, but I may have to, as storage space is not at a premium in my garage.
If you are interested in any of the parts then please feel free to contact me with any questions.
I have lots of pictures of these parts and I can email them if you wish me to do so.
Many of my surplus parts have now gone, but I do have a few other parts left here in the garage that are not listed here, I just haven't got around to sorting through all my boxes yet. If you are short of something, contact me and I can let you know if I still have the parts you may be interested in.
Note that any parts that are specific to RH drive cars I will be keeping, as I believe that RH drive parts are becoming more difficult to get hold of now (if I'm wrong on this then please let me know).
You can email me on:- andysherlock@btinternet.com, or call me on:- 07729 109758, or you can respond via this website.

Parts as follows:-

Renault 4GTL Radio Console, in excellent clean condition (possibly unused).
I believe that this is a genuine Renault 4 aftermarket accessory.
I don't think this has ever had a radio or speaker fitted, nor do I think that this has ever been fitted to a car.
However it has been knocking around in the garage for many years and any marks are as a result of that.
It still has it's original removable tray which would be removed when a radio is fitted. It has always been in a box while it has been with me.

Renault 4GTL. Complete Mild Steel Exhaust
It still has much of it's silver paint on but it does also have rust in places.
This was okay when removed from the car. It's not new but probably has life left in it.
(I now have a stainless steel one on my current car)

Renault 4GTL Engine (1108cc)
All ancillaries have been removed leaving just the main engine and the clutch assembly.
Engine is very dirty and needs a good clean up.
Was working perfectly when removed.
Don't know if it still turns over and I wouldn't know how to try.

Renault 4GTL Front Torsion Bar assemblies, left and right, complete with wishbone assemblies.
Very dirty and need a good clean up.
Can't get these parts apart with the tools I have, which is why they are still assembled together.

Renault 4GTL Dash board only.
A bit dusty/dirty but in good condition, would be better with a good clean and polish
Some of the parts that fit to the dash are also still here, please ask if you require any particular dash board fittings and I can let you know if I still have the parts you may be interested in.

Renault 4GTL Front bumper Number Plate mount.
Good condition and clean

Hope these may be of use to someone,
Cheers,
Andy.

Last edited:
Thanks to you guys who have taken some of the parts away, there's a bit of space appearing in the garage now.
Any one want the remaining bits before I try on ebay.
Please, come and take them, for free, or just a token offer, I really don't like seeing stuff go to waste.
Cheers.

Thanks for the interest,
I still have the parts listed above.
I am deleting the parts from the list above as they go.
Cheers,
Andy

Forgot to say,
The only part I would want a few quid for is the radio console, because it's a new and genuine Renault accessory. Don't really know how much though.
I don't have a radio in my car, because if I do everyone fiddles with it except me (very annoying).
Cheers,
Andy.

Hi Andy,
I would be interested in the radio console even though I love the road noise in my little baby. If you can organise post to Dublin that would be great if not no problem.
Thanks Joe

Hi, Minty R4 and thanks again for the interest in the console.
I have 'PM'd' you with a few details. (top RH corner of forum page)
Cheers,
Andy.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who has been and taken my spare parts away, much appreciated.
All bits are now gone, except the R4 GTL dash board.
Any one interested.
Cheers,
Andy.

Back