Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 6 1975

Your restoration work looks very good. The Renault 6 looks perfect!

In the UK the 1108cc engine was 34hp in the Renault 4 and 45hp in the Renault 5. What changes were made over there to get 55hp?

Different size horses in argentina maybe 55 pony's

Yeah, thanks David.

I actually know the technical details of my car. Malcolm wanted to know the difference between the UK model and our.
I've read all the restoration posts here. Awesome work.

Ale

Fantastic detail work, how long has it taken you to get it this condition?

Thank Pepper! The previous owner did most of the work with a good body paint. I replaced things that wasn't in perfect condition, and fixed a couple of things. I worked at the interior and mechanics for like 6 months. Car was already in a really nice condition, so the work was easy. I still find things to make it better. This site is awesome for people who wants to improve their cars!

Interesting as uk got a facelifted model end of 74 75 with square headlamps
Your car looks lovely but although based on R4 many unique parts must be hard to find now

Interesting as uk got a facelifted model end of 74 75 with square headlamps
Your car looks lovely but although based on R4 many unique parts must be hard to find now
Here the R6 got a facelift at 79 with the square headlamps, 1400 cm3 engine, and few changes. It lasted until 84. The most difficult to find parts are the interior ones. As you guys know, mechanics, chassis and a lot of pars are shared with the Renault 4.
Both cars are mostly used by gardeners, constructors, etc...so they barely survive. Just some years ago, people like me started to restore some cars. Lucky me; the previous owner of my car was those kind of people and did an awesome job preserving the car.

To avoid get bored, I found a survivor that really needs some love. Is a 78 with a lot of rust - front floor is not there anymore - and engine was not running at all. After restoring the carb, distributor, and the easy parts, the engine started pretty well. Since I have a couple of pars from the 75, I'll try to make it look good!

Here is a video of how it looks and sounds today:

View media item 2070View media item 2069View media item 2068View media item 2067View media item 2066View media item 2065View media item 2064

Chrysler or Sunbeam or Talbot Avenger.

Car with the most names I can think of.

Back