Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 6 - anyone know this car for sale?

Renault 6

Hi, This car has been hanging around for some time and in fact I saw it at the 2cvgb registers meeting back in June. It was noticeable for not being a Citroen. I went and had a casual look at it as I had remembered having seen it on carandclassic.co.uk. The ad on the window said £1400 but could be £2000 all fixed up. I took this to mean new doors as they were a bit rusty although as I recall the car wasn't too bad and I think the interior was good. I didn't pay it too much attention (I didn't look underneath) as I wasn't looking for a Renault 6 as I have a Dyane 6. They are very rare and I'm surprised that it hasn't sold by now. However I wouldn't mind an R4 and nearly bought one of this forum recently but it wasn't to be. A RHD TL is what I'm after in good order. Any ideas?

John

Hi.

I know this car. I went and looked at it a little while ago. It is very local to me. The car and Rob who is selling it are genuine. Rob restored the car probably about 8 years ago and used it as a family runner. He no longer has a use for it and it is starting to get a bit tired. It needs a loving home where it can be kept away from the elements. I was really tempted to buy it myself, as I have always fancied a 6. The trouble is that Mildred and Barbara both need attention and it would be one project too many at the moment.

The car needs a bit of work. Its is getting a bit crunchy in places and some of the panels need replacing (Rob has replacements.) It really is worth a look though and runs beautifully. If you are interested, but want the work doing by someone else, talk to Rob. He owns Chevronics and can sort it out. I think he just wants it to go to someone who will look after and preserve it.

I hope that helps.

Chris

Back