Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault Express

BriW

Enthusiast
DSC02501.jpg
Hello, I ve just joined the forum in the hope that I can get some help in identifying the Renault Express I've bougth in Portugal.
It's a 1993 model 1.2ltr petrol.
Anyone with any info? Is it based on the R4?
BriW

No, based on the 2nd generation R5 with transverse engine but a nice, practical car in the R4 mould. Enjoy!

Thanks Sage
Do you know if the Express goes under any other name, as I can't find Express listed in the Renault models
BriW

Yes, 'Extra' in the UK and Ireland, and 'Rapid' in Germany.

Yes, thanks Sage, I traced these.
Do you think a 2nd generation R5 handbook will help me with general maintenance?
BriW

if your interested I think I have a extra [or express in france] workshop manual for a small charge + postage ?

Yes Montenegro I am.
Sorry for slow response, I've had 'flu for over a week now.
My 1993 Express is 1.2ltr petrol, does the manual cover this model?
How much for manual and postage to UK address?

Thanks for your replly, Montenegro.
I wonder if the deisel model has this, attached, type of headlight dipping mechanism? Mine does'nt work, it just rotates and springs back. No movement at lights. Is it liquid filled? can it be repaired ?
BriW

• DSC02638.jpg
    DSC02638.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 112
They are normally cables which are twisted along its length, if it twists and springs back you will find that either the headlights mechanism or the cables at the headlight end are seized.

It wouldn't be a vehicle test failure here in the UK, the mot test just requires them to be level at mot time.

For me I have them on my works vans and we never adjust them.

Back