Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault Kangoo 1.9 Diesel Coded Stop Solanoid ?

westbikes

Enthusiast
hello to you all new to forum help needed please.

hello, i have just fitted a diesel pump to my renault kangoo and it didnt pump any fuel through to the injectors , fuel got to the pump but no further . the kangoo is fitted with an imobiliser and i think this stops the fuel stop valve salanoid from oppening using a code. now could i have a new code added , or the old 1 changed , or do i have to take the old solanoid off and fit to the new pump? its a lucas pump and the kangoo is a 1999 model f8q engine non turbo with a mechanical pump (not common rail) any ideas please
cheers carl

hi to save my typing time try this thread :)
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1911
doubt you can remove either without damage so swapping not really an option

there will be a 3 pin plug going to old immobiliser pretty sure centre pin is ignition fed so simply reconnect feed wire to now exposed solenoid
job done :D

feel free to ask more but it is not possible to recode pump as far as i know
have you got acess to vehicle pump was originally from as swapping key fob and electronic box is a plug in job

there will be a 3 pin plug going to old immobiliser pretty sure centre pin is ignition fed so simply reconnect feed wire to now exposed solenoid
job done ,

sorry to sound daft but what it is mine has an 8 pin plug 2 wires for advance solanoid 3 wires for throttle position sensor and 3 for the stop solanoid how would i go about it ?
what is it you mean by exposed solanoid and reconnect feed wire,
let me no please mr-reno
cheers carl

stop solanoid

hello again ,

the stop solanoid is fitted in with the immobiliser that has sheer off secure bolts , i think its the immobiliser on the new pump not allowing the solanoid to open, is there a way around it ? could i put in a new code or by pass it ?
cheers carl

hi sorry for confusion carl
what i meant was destroy imobilliser using precautions/advice in previous thread there is no easy way of removing shear bolts in my experience
once removed hiding underneath is standard single connection stop solenoid valve
engine will run once fed with 12 v ignition feed on this terminal with a small piece of wire
the 3 pin immobiliser plug will have 1 pin live on ignition test first with test lamp so use that and connect up

code cannot be bypassed or reprogammed to my knowledge
so i would of used the electronics off the donor vehicle which matched the pump
(or failing that smashed immobiliser off as i have just explained !!!)

re-Renault Kangoo 1.9 Diesel Coded Stop Solanoid ?

hello again,
what electronics off the donor vehicle would i need?
thanks for all youre help
cheers carl

Back