Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault Rodeo Parts enquiry

HelierF

I have been looking for a replacement window for my 1979 Renault Rodeo driver's side door window. It is left-hand drive and the door window is the two part sliding type and it is badly cracked and currently held in position with tape. I have tried several Renault dealerships without success. Can anyone suggest where I can source a replacement window.?

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi, given its a body part you may not have any luck with Renault as they didn't do the body parts. If Melun retro-passion in France can't help I'd suggest looking in the yellow pages for an automotive glazier- someone who does bus, truck, and panel van windows. They could cut a flat laminated glass sheet to a pattern or sample, and it probably won't be that expensive. Failing that cut a perspex sheet.
Cheers
Pieter

Since the windows are flat, any glazier can cut a new one from the cracked window, a cardboard pattern or a matching pane from the other side. They should even be able to make tempered glass which is stronger than laminated.

Alternatively, the barn-found wreck behind this R6 might just have a window left... if it's not already been scrapped! Ask MrDuke over on Autoshite for more info. http://autoshite.com/topic/15611-renault-6tl-crapaud-1101-collected

Back