Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Repair body panels

Simon P

Enthusiast
Can anybody let me have some up to date details on
web sites for repair panels.
I have tried Warny but they don't seam to list prices.

Can anybody let me have some up to date details on
web sites for repair panels.
I have tried Warny but they don't seam to list prices.

Check your local Renault dealer - I got a front outer wing from Arnold Clark in Grangemouth for £44.93. It needed to be ordered and I had to pay up front but it arrived within a couple of days. The R4 is still supported by Renault.

Simon Beever panels website seems to be down Try Robert Doran
speedwayrob@hotmail.comhe is a club member and owns a body shop.He had a source of R4 panels a few months ago.
Wings are available from Pocklingtons and come very quickly they are also a better fit than after market.
I have sills floor repair panels and a front cross member I probably will not use.
Give me a ring if you need specifics and I will look for you at Reims next week.
Also this supplier is easy to deal with even though he is abroad.
http://www.franzose.de/en/Renault/R4/Karosserieabdichtungen/#87046

Gary

Thank you Gary.

The R/H inner wing is past repair ,so if you find a good one
at the right price and have room I would be grateful.

New front inner wings have to be obtained from Renault. However, they usually rot along the top edge and I have a feeling you can still buy the repair panels. If your inner wing is worse that that then it's a case of new or a good second-hand one.

re steve hennesseys message, you can easily cut & fold a sheet of tin & tack weld to top of inner wing(after cutting off rotten section).But all edges must then be carefully sealed & bedded in mastic & underseal.I always bed wing into thick underseal & smooth off any surplus thats squeezed out.Then paint along edges of joints with underseal,both to scuttle panel & wing inner/outer.must be a solid job to keep moisture out !

I have come across a part supplier for my repair panels.
They sent me an old price list for Warny Panels so I could
go on the Warny websight and match part numbers.
Their company is based in Holland so the delivery from Holland is cheaper.
They have a UK Bank account so i could transfer the money.
His name is Harrie and his email address is 'auto plaarwerk@hotmail.com' (Please remove the gap when using his email address).
The six repair panels were in stock and were with me within ten days.

Back