Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Sadly got to go - 1986 GTL

mupps

Enthusiast
Hey all,

Only about a week ago I posted a thread regarding welding. Since then I have ground away the rusty patches on the front chassis and floor pan along with bulkhead corners. It now appears that the dreaded 'tin worm' has eaten through the rear chassis next to the suspension mountings.

Its too far gone for me to have just a patch job and being unemployed at the mo money is tight. Therefore I shall either be selling poor Freddie as a spares or repair or depending on the response may well break him...shame as it is.

He is is 1986 on a D plate. He has a Tudor Webasto sunroof that has seen better days but still slides.

He has a brown check interior and original radio.

I have all the paperwork for him including bill of sale in 1988 from a Renault Dealer and this includes the manuals.

He has had a new starter motor from Renault in 2007. I have just fitted a new dis to one side along with new upper and lower bull joints. I have the disc and bull joints for the other side but they are not fitted.

Only last week I purchased two new rear wheel cylinders from Renault and one is fitted again the other side not.

I have a box will all Renault original service items from 2007 including a manifold gasket.

This has been a gutter of a day however I am not sure what to do now, sell as spares or as a whole? Also whether to place an ad on ebay?

I have a list and invoices showing I have spent £353 so far on parts alone.

Any ideas you guys?

Thanks,

Mupps.

Afraid to say it, but Ebay would be where you'd get your best price and return on the money you've spent.

Or if you have the 'time' breaking the car for bits is a very good way of getting your money back.

Back