Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Seatbelts

Cornish4

Le Dazzleur
If any of you folks are considering replacing or indeed fitting new seat belts in the rear of your R4, Securon have an excellent website and the 4 is listed. Securon do say that it might be cheaper to buy from a motor factors, they weren't kidding. A pair of static belts for £50 at my local shop, half the price they are from the manufacturers, and they had them in stock.:smile:

Interesting... my rear seatbelts are usable but quite dirty, laying on the floor for years while the car was used as a carriage. They are not only dirty, but even very greasy, so i wonder if I will be able one day to clean them properly... Or if I should just swap them with a new pair...

You might find that they will clean up, or you could instead perhaps adapt some from another car, but of course you have to be careful to make them safe. I know that Securon charge a lot to post to Europe, but you might even get a set when you are at Thenay. There were people selling parts there last year, so I would say you have a good chance of picking up a set.

Well,that's the belts fitted,a worthwhile job and so easy.I just had to drill a hole in each inner wing,no mounting sockets there,I expect there had been some repairs done in the past in that area and they were removed,but all other mounts were intact and rustfree. I just happened to have some suitable drilled plates in stock where I bolted through the inner wing,to reinforce it,very necessary,but Securon can supply plates with welded sockets fitted and they suggest welding them to the car which makes sense.For anyone interested in fitting these seat belts their part number is 200.For reel type belts the number is 264.They do front belts too for the 4,infact they list Renaults back to 1955 with the Fregate. Couldn't resist adding a recent picture of Marigold reunited with her previous owner Abi. :smile:

• DSCF2951.jpg
    DSCF2951.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF2953.jpg
    DSCF2953.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF2954.jpg
    DSCF2954.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF2955.jpg
    DSCF2955.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 131