Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Simply French weekend

ggcton

Enthusiast
2012 looks like being a great year for taking our car out but unfortunately we end up with the inevitable clashes.

This event clashes with Thenay but for those perhaps who cannot afford the cash or time to go to Thenay this might be an alternative.

This information was received from RCCC club member Brian Whitside.

Since“retiring” in 2003, I have been working weekends at Beaulieu as Rally Officer for car and commercial club rallies which are normally organised by the participating club and I simply oversee the event and collect themonies/tickets.

This year, we actually organised some more weekend events ourselves on the“Simply ........” theme which have been very successful and well attended - the Simply Ford event filled virtually every spaceavailable. Simply Italian, Simply Mazda and Simply Classics plus theGerman Show and Motorcycle Ride-in were all very popular.
The format is very simple (no pun intended) in that any vehicle of any age in the relevant category is welcome, no pre-booking is necessary, entry is £10 per head which entitles the vehicle to be displayed plus entry to the whole Beaulieu complex (normally about £17 per head). Clubs can have their own designated area (whatever size they require) at no cost and since participants only pay when they turn up, there is no financial burden or risk to a club.

In 2012, we are holding our first “Simply French” day on Sunday 8th July and as a Renault Classic Car Club member myself, I would be very happy to see it included as a Club event next year and organise a location for a Club area. There are numerous possibilities and opportunities at Beaulieu and Iwould be pleased to progress any ideas and thoughts to make this a special dayfor the RCCC.

Sounds like this should be quite good!

I assume RCCC will have its own club stand? How about a Clementine stand as well? Also, do we know if you can camp at Beaulieu - you certainly could as I went to the first German Show in 2009 as a trader (though the less said about that the better...) and it was possible to camp there and they had the restaurant open doing a hog roast and a band of some singer in there as well.

Could be quite a good weekend though.

David I have sent an email to enquire if there is camping on site or close by.
Perhaps if it is a one day event we could do a run on the other day,the new forrest offers good driving for old cars.
I would be happy to share an RCCC stand with Clemintines and have some
clemintine banners or what have you.
Gary

Grumpy.

Just received RCCC mag (which is excellent btw) and noticed that this event is 8th July. I assumed that it was 22 July and that means I can't go. I'm actually pretty annoyed about that if I'm honest, was rather looking forward to it.

Here is the reply to the enquiry about camping.
As I said if people wanted to do something on the Saturday we could perhaps do a run out somewhere.
Gary

I would be happy to confirm that event is just a one day event for 2012 and this is on Sunday 8th July. I would be happy to say that we can organise camping for club members either side of the event if it is required. However please note that only basic facilities will be available (toilets and catering until 6pm), there will be no showers I’m afraid. There would be an additional cost of £7 per person per night for the camping. So for example if one of your members wanted to camp on Saturday 7th July and attend the show on the 8th it would cost £17 per person. If a member wanted to camp both before and after the show it would cost them £24 per person, I will put these tickets and prices on your website so if people do want to camp then they can buy these tickets.

If showers are a must then the best people to speak to would be the New Forest Tourist Board (01590 689000) and they will know which local campsites have shower facilities.

It would be fantastic if French vehicles from France or Belgium were able to attend, having been over to Loheac in October I was able to see some truly fascinating French vehicles you don’t see on English roads.

Hi Anja, yes it's a shame that there's not been anymore talk about this event, it should be a good one. I hope you are pleasantly surprised to find a nice number of 4s there, and it would be a pity if there are more of you good folks there than Brits. There's bound to be plenty of old Renaults to look at, but I know it's 4s we love. I would be there but unfortunately it clashes with the Le Mans Classic, so I'm going there instead, taking the 4 though. It's very annoying when two good events clash isn't it.:( Best regards Brian.

Hi All,
We are going, but probably in Dels latest creation-the Renault 12 Estate!
See you on the 8th!

Becky

Hi Becky, I'll be over in France for the Le Mans Classic that weekend, but will see you and Derek at the Renault Owners Club get together at Bewl Water in Kent a couple of weeks later. It's the clubs' 60th anniversary and they would like as many old and new Renaults there as possible, so if any of you forum members are free that weekend check out the club website.

Bewl Water in Kent a couple of weeks later

On the face of it, this seems interesting although MEGA expensive. Family of four would be just shy of £100 if we camp. Thats not so bad if theres plenty going on and a good few hundred cars there but I sadly suspect that won't be the case. Happy to be proved wrong though. If I knew more specifically what was there then i might be tempted.

I know that Thenay / Festival Renault* would be a lot more but then you know there is a lot more there which easily justifies it to my mind.

Sorry to be a bit negative!

*who still haven't given me my money back :mad:

On the face of it, this seems interesting although MEGA expensive. Family of four would be just shy of £100 if we camp. Thats not so bad if theres plenty going on and a good few hundred cars there but I sadly suspect that won't be the case. Happy to be proved wrong though. If I knew more specifically what was there then i might be tempted.

I know that Thenay / Festival Renault* would be a lot more but then you know there is a lot more there which easily justifies it to my mind.

Sorry to be a bit negative!

Hello David. According to the ROC magazine which arrived today, there will be a road run on the Saturday and possibly Sunday too, choice of runs, an auction/auto jumble of club new old stock parts, catering facilities on the Friday and Saturday nights, and of course a nice display of cars. Plus the venue at Bewl Water is said to be great for families, ie, lots to do. I know it's not France but....... Regards Brian.

Hi all

It is great to see some events in the pipeline. I would love to join you for this one, but am already doing the 2CVGB registers weekend at the same time.

I really hope to meet you all one weekend soon :D

Jeanette - Am hoping to have Mildred on the road in the next month, so we must meet up soon (seeing as we are practically neighbours!)

Cheers

Chris

Amazingly it wasn't tooo wet in the end.

Not an R4 but very cool !

• IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 80
Back