Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Stalling problem...

Rich

Enthusiast
Drove the Renault to work on Wednesday and when I put the choke all the way in it stalled, even half way in it does not tick over properly. I have checked the carb for leaks and took the top off and there is no dirt in it. I took the distributer cap off and the four points in the cap where the rotor arm touches and sends the spark was dirty. I have cleaned these but it has made no difference. Any idea's what could be wrong. It's booked in to a garage in two weeks, once they got the rolling road back up and running.

Sounds like the idlejet is blocked in the carb, or a massive air leak from somewhere like Lobster had when his mixture screw fell out on the way to Thenay.

Yes I love Barnstaple market.............Hope your car works soon.
All I can say is have the timing re-adjusted with a timing gun.
It sorted mine out....When this happened.

Hi Rich, I reckon Sam could be right and maybe your ignition timing has slipped, clamp screw come undone? It can happen. How was veedub show in Germany? Regards Brian.

Thanks for the reply chaps.

Had the points and timing adjusted, carb stripped and cleaned, tuned and road tested and she runs better than before :cool:

Show was great thanks Brian. I equally enjoyed site seeing round the Alt Stadts (old towns), some great beer and food was consumed :)

Back