Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Starting problem

Steff

Enthusiast
I have a 1997 clio oasis, only had it couple if months In that time have only been able to drive it for about 2 weeks, as it only starts for 2 seconds then dies. Have had the spark plugs and air filter changed with no luck any help?

Steff
I hope you know it has an imobiliser, you only have a few seconds to start the car from when you unlock it with the key fob, if your sat in it a long time before you start it, it will only run a few seconds, you have to lock and then unlock it, then start it, hope i'm right on this one, ;)

It does sound like the immobiliser hasn't been switched off!

If the Red Light on the dash hasn't stopped flashing then you won't get it started!

I normally find that it needs to be opened by the remote control for the immobiliser to be disarmed, or you can key in a special code which came on a card and the guide is normally in the manual.

My friends Clio didn't start because the circuit in the key was damaged. He found it out because it started normally with the second key,....

Or your battery in the key could be empty.

Have just tryed the second key with no luck, not long had a new key as snaped in lock .... Now the engine is turning but not catching if that makes sense, starts first ti:o when mechanics look at it :@

What red light on dash board ? a square with zig zag lines in lights up when not starting

Back