Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..The weekend for big trip has arrived..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..I am setting off on Friday morning to meet some of the champion Clementine Renault 4 Garage contributors and am a bit apprehensive - I am taking lots of green things to Greeney near Limoges, including the black grill for Little Greeney.

I will then be going on to see Bluebell and Claude Van Rouge in Cormatin and will be taking lots of blue things for Bluebell and if I am not mistaken, will be bringing back a blue thing to the Vendee on my roof rack.

I will be driving like a 'young fart' as opposed to an 'old fart' (who drive slowly) which means that I will going 160 kph all the way and averaging 70 kilometres per gallon in my SAAB style R4.

Here is my route and am I passing anyone on the way? If so..sorry

• france 1 1 1 1.jpg
    france 1 1 1 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 95
..Good idea Matt..

..I will keep count all weekend and will report back on Tuesday and in the meantime why dont you 'regulars' hazard a guess how many I will see?

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon you'll see 8 R4s on the way, and 4 on the way home, plus the two you have which makes a total of 14. Only one of the R4s will be moving, and only 2 will be van variants. So your score will be exactly 16.

Not a patch on Mguez our current record holder who currently has 402 points after spotting Mr Reno. I think I'm in second place with 68 points having wandered out into the barn to see cars that haven't moved for years.

I'll go for a guess at seeing 12 on the way there and 7 on the way back. This will include 3 vans and a Rodeo (as its sunny!). Only 2 will be moving.

I kind of agree with BB's estimation of the number of R4s that Ian manages to spot but I've managed to get more points.

I reckon at least 6 going to Greeney's, 4 moving. Then Greeney probably has an old F4 and an R4, Little Greeney an R4, the he'll see 6 en route to sunny Burgundy. We've got an F4 with chrome and Blanche and I can get Ian to watch them going down the street and back, we'll pass at least 3 others around the village, then he'll probably see 4 going home, all moving. So my estimate is 67 points.

Not a patch on Mguez our current record holder who currently has 402 points after spotting Mr Reno. I think I'm in second place with 68 points having wandered out into the barn to see cars that haven't moved for years.
Malcolm, I think you're doing yourself out of points. Remember that you can times everything by 50 in England. When I last visited Paradise I'm sure I saw at least 8.5 R4s, plus Robert's, which get you 475 points. Probably more as I'm sure some had chrome and you have two which move! :yellowre:

Apologies for hogging this thread! :smile: Please get back soon Ian.

Report on the progress of Ian's world tour of R4land: Despite driving him around the whole of Burgundy on the pretext of picking up some boat we were not very lucky with our search for R4s. He's now crossing the wilds of central France in search of more. Not long now until he's back with the tally, so post any last minute entries now please.
By the way, although it appears he is not driving an R4, he says the Saab has pretensions.

• Ian-and-boat.jpg
    Ian-and-boat.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 65
..Nick and The Palindromes..

..A fab band if there ever was one and well worth seeing if they are ever in your town..

..Now the answer none of you have been waiting for - Renault 4's on route:

Moulin Bodin - Greeney - 8 cars and 2 parked vans
Greeneys place - Too many to count!!
Greeneys to Lyon - None
Lyon to Tournus - None
Tournus to Cormatin - None
Cormatin area - Loads - Claude Van R will fill in this bit and include your own Claude wont you?
Cormatin - Moulin Bodin over 9 hours - NONE except a few in junk yards

So Bluebell, you do the additions and dont forget that there only three things that matter in life - Having fun and being able to count...

• CIMG0048 small n.jpg
    CIMG0048 small n.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 58
Blubell says she's had a notification of your reply but has mailed her apologies - she's still locked out by last night's forum glitch and hopefully will back in the morning.

But I'm happy to have a stab at it. In my view we're going to need Beige Belgian to rule on potential scores for "loads" and "too many to count". My humble suggestion if it'll help you in your deliberances M'Lord would be 4 for "loads" and 6 for "too many to count" bringing the total to way more than 16 points so I can avoid a CD.

Are you being disrespectful to Greeney after his kind hospitality?

..Incinerates..?

..Nick = Bibendum is seen here as our very own action man, constantly on the run and I would like you all to know that Greeney certainly is that and here is some of the action..and a pic of a tool bench to die for!!

Can anyone guess what he is proposing to do with a bath on a R4 Chassis?

He says that the bath is just being stored there for a while but I think that on my next visit I will be climbing into an R4 to have a bath as you will notice that the bath and body are both Renault 4 white - A fab idea as long as you keep your head down!!

• CIMG0058 e.jpg
    CIMG0058 e.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 51
  • CIMG0064 e.jpg
    CIMG0064 e.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 51
  • CIMG0069 e.jpg
    CIMG0069 e.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 52
  • CIMG0072 small.jpg
    CIMG0072 small.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 52
Incinerates being just a tad of your madness rubbing off, insinuates of course is correct
Nice of you to clarify the Bibendum thing? I must be active, shame you did nt get to stay longer I could have taken you to the others vehicles scattered around neighbours and friends barns
So when are we going to Africa Ian or is it the arctic?

The winner of this week's CD is.....

I'm back, have you all missed me? But for the computer skills of Malcolm and Mr B. I would have been gone forever.

Now, I have had a go at working out the points scored by Ian on his trip across France. His tally was disappointingly low, made respectable only due to his stay with Mr R4 himself, our very own Greeney in France. Despite his vague report (I have counted 'a few' as 3!) I can categorically state that his total was a grand 46 points. This consisted of 10 parked and 10 moving cars, 3 parked and one moving van. One of the vans had chrome.

Now the next problem is finding the winner. I think it has to be Malcolm as he has himself collected the most points despite not even leaving Paradise. Also he was pretty accurate in being only 2 out in the total number of R4s that Ian saw. Well done Malcolm. He protests too much about winning the CD so I think that he really does want one. :D

..Look what my mouse brought in..

..May I as the President of The Ugly Old Cats Society present my friend Martin, who was caught by my mouse Rambo in our garden today - He looks a bit grumpy doesnt he, having been caught by a mouse!!!

If you are wondering what on earth I am on about, this is the easiest way of getting a message to our friend and leader to ask him if he will be at Paradise next week as I have a long chrome thing and a wide vinyl thing for him and wonder if he would be taking visitors?

I could also report on his 'friends and relatives'

Later in the week Malcolm and I will be 'with CD' ?

• CIMG0109 e.jpg
    CIMG0109 e.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 43
Our cat has found another rabbit colony. Sits outside the hole waiting for them to come out, then munches the whole thing. She's a very fat cat at the moment.

I'll be around all week. Visitors most welcome.

Back