Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay camping

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
Is anyone else camping at Thenay? It would be nice to pitch our tents close by.

According to the website there is a 'festive' zone and a 'quiet' zone. I for one am going to the festive zone, I'm not travelling all that way just to get a good night's sleep!

We're Camping!

Not Sure where yet though!

Edit! Well if it were just myself coming it would be the festive zone, but as my OH is now coming along too, I may be out voted!

Sadly not!

I was planning on camping but then decided that it would save me a load of hassle and space if I found a cheap hotel. So thats what I did.

I'm staying at the suitably cheap Etap in Amboise. To be fair I don't expect to spend a lot of time there as the entertainment at Thenay goes on pretty late.

Hi all. My better-half and I are staying at Amboise too, at the Le Vinci, on the edge of town. The campers were a touch noisy last year, but I still slept ok. Guess I was in the "festive zone", but didn't get a choice. One tip though, don't pitch your tent too close to the building where the loos and showers are, as you don't get the early morning sun, and everything gets covered in dew! Brrr:(

Last year at Thenay was the first time I had camped for heavens knows how many years, but it was great fun. The best bit was the English breakfast fry up on the Sunday morning. What a way to start the day.:D

Last year at Thenay was the first time I had camped for heavens knows how many years, but it was great fun. The best bit was the English breakfast fry up on the Sunday morning. What a way to start the day.:D

I'm looking forward to that! I'll bring some good bacon, since it's impossible to get in France :)

Reading just made me hungry... I'm used to camping, but not in such a social event...

Just gone shopping, 4 kg of spaghetti and 2 big cans of tomatoes... And other minimal survival goods.

We are doing b&b this year, but on Sunday morning I'm going to be heading in the direction of you lot, just incase there are some scraps left. I'll just follow my nose.:p

Barbecue is for sunday, am I right?
We have some other meal to provide...

I have a little one too... And no much space in the car...
Maybe some little barbecue can do the work of a proper one...

Wish I was camping really.

Having to leave early Sunday and not really wanting to cart the tent and everything with me means I'm not though.

I'm thinking that next year I might camp though, take a few more days to do the trip and bring Lobster Jnr with me.

Back