Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Today I have mostly found some alloys!

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
I went down my local scrapyard today after someone hinted there are a couple of Renault 5 Mk1's down the yard and lo and behold there were.

One is a GTL with a complete but wet interior and the other is a TS with the twin weber carb and lovely Black alloys.

Pictures are below if anyone wants the wheels from the 5 don't worry I took the wheel nuts which are specfic to the car, incase they got taken off by someone else.

The wheels will be around £75 if anyones interested in me getting them?

The only issue I have is I showed the picture of the wheels to Judith and she's "wow, I much prefer those to the Gordini wheels"! I've put the Gordini wheels on BB, and there's no way I'm going to swap them over I'm afraid.

• DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00122.jpg
    DSC00122.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 257
im tempted by those wheels too!
although ive just bought 2 new standard ones and refurbed the other 2

plus collection would be a problem as your miles away unless i can work something out

are you going to buy them anyway?

Nope I'm not going to buy them unless someone wants them.

Hi Pepper, what size are the tyres on those? Like the wheels but not keen if they take a wider tyre. I like 'em skinny!

155 70 13r are the size on them, not very big at all.

The yards in Oxfordshire, and nope didn't see any elevens. the carb looks a little seized and you'd have to have the exhaust manifold too as they fit together!

Nah Smiths of Bloxham, Hughes's is one of the better breakers I've been too, they used to even provide you wellies for trudging through the yard, class or what?

Smiths is rubbish,they rip you off for metal prices and can never tell you what they've got in the yard at all.

Hi Lobster what do you need for your R11? I have an 86 1700TXE in sparkling beige
Allan

Where to begin :)

Off the top of my head - o/s/f wing, thermostat housing, carb warm air intake hose, radiator, headlight surrounds, assorted speakers and electrical bits, assorted interior trim and quite a lot else that I can't remember at the moment.

It's an 85 11 TXE Electronic that I'm restoring.

more here - http://autoshite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3782

Any help locating parts very gratefully appreciated as they seem to be getting a bit scarce !

Back