Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Twingo cambelt

Hewshotter

Enthusiast
Hello wise ones!

I've just bought a '98 Twingo 2 for my father who is about to move to France and wanted something small and LHD. I think I've done him a huge favour. ;)

But before he takes it, I thought it would be prudent to get the cambelt changed - there is no record that it has already been done. The car is on 101,000 km and has a full service history up to about 65k. From there on who knows? So - what is the recommended interval on cambelts for this car? - it has the later 1149 D7F engine. Also where best to get the belt? Presumably it will need a tensioner too? Lastly I read that it is a good idea to change the water pump at the same time. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Renault 4 spares on here has an ebay shop, he's your man for a service kit, he can get you a complete genuine renault kit at very good prices.

The engine is the same as the 1.2 clio so all the parts are easy to come by.

ask the man, but its only on 62,000 miles or so. Me I normally do the water pump and tensioner on the second belt service, but thats only my personal opinion, if a cam belt went on my own car I could whip the head off and rebuild it myself so its not such a deal if it ever did go.

cheers Pepper..

Please come to me if you need any service items...comission earned :p

cheers
andrew

Back