Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Using SKYPE???

Steve Hennessey

Down in the depths of rural Suffolk where we have only just got electricity:wink: I have just discovered and downloaded Skype and think it's amazing and it's free as well!!

What do others think about using this facility to answer technical questions, where to get spares etc?

The protocol could go something like this: The person who asks the question could indicate whether they are a Skype user or not. If so, I could pm them with my user name and they could pm me with theirs. Then when they see I'm logged on, they can call me and ask away.

Am I talking a load of bo***cks or could this be feasible?

There's a field in in the user profile page (user CP > Edit Profile) where you can enter your Skype username if you are happy for others to contact you via Skype. A little icon will appear at the top of your posts, and in your profile and people could contact you.

I'd quickly get fed up with technical questions (I had a phone number on this site once, and some people would phone rather than look at pages with the information on - took up time). But for nattering Skype is great.

Thanks Malcolm - you've got a point there. I have noticed that people don't do a search first because some of the advice I give is straight from the site anyway! I'll have to think hard before revealing my skype user name - what a difficult decision to make!

Back