Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted - GTL Zenith Carb

snailshed

Enthusiast
Hi All,
I've been suffering ongoing issues with my 1985 R4 GTL's Carb. Its a Zenith model and in the interests of further fault diagnosis and not damaging the car I'd like to get hold of another. Does anybody have a spare carb sat around for a GTL model car. I'm hoping to get to the 50th Birthday thing at the 2cv event this weekend if you are going so can do a trade for beer tokens etc. Otherwise PM me with what you have or I'm on 07765 713967...

Regards

Nic

I'd forgotten all about the 2cv meet this weekend! unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I now have to travel to Ireland as I'm working over there next week.

However back to the carb question, is it a standard (28??) Zenith you're after? If it is I may have one.

Just seen your mobile number (really ought not to display these things publicly really) and I'll ring you.

Carb

Hi Pepper,
I'll have a look on the carb side wall. Theres various numbers on it which I'll relay for you and anyone else reading this.

I've never had a problem putting my mob no. in posts. I wouldn't put a landline or my email address, but on other forums I've come across guests who look at the forum but for whatever reason don't use the pm facility, and then can't get in touch...

Carb issues solved!

Hi,
The garage have kept a fiddling and worked out what was wrong with the car. Its all sorted now and runs a treat so I don't really need the aforementioned carb now. Thanks...

Just a thought, is all zenith 281f carbs the same or does the number on the side indicate they are for different years and engine sizes.

I'm looking for a new or in good shape carbu Zénith 28 for a GTL 1983.... Does anyone should help me?

thanks

Back