Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted Renault 4GTL

4F6 User

Enthusiast
I am looking for a Renault 4GTL or similar to buy. It must be right hand drive and have an MOT (although I may consider a project as long as it only requires minimal work). Any assistance with my search will be gratefully received.

Renault 4 GLT Wanted

How about this one?

What is you budget?

It was first registered in 1985 and stayed in the same Herefordshire family much of this time, all be in being swapped around between various members. I’ve had it since the mid 1990’s, although it spent a good few years of this being restored, before fully returning to the road last year.

A few pre-completion of restoration pictures can be found at-

http://www.renault4.co.uk/images/chris-collins-fr.jpg (click on pictures if in reduced scale)

Any prospective purchaser will find the following:

Mechanical/Exterior

Engine reconditioned at only 68k miles to enable conversion to ordinary unleaded fuel, included full replacement bearings, cylinder linings, gaskets and hardened valve seatings, etc.

Complete body and chassis strip down, with additional rust-proofing and sub chassis component renewal, including new boot floor/internal rear wheel arches (Zintec coated).

All body panels replaced as new, including Zintec coating prior to painting. (inc: all wings, engine bay panels, bonnet, tailgate, rear side window panels, front A-panels, sills, bumper mounting panels, etc)

All suspension and associated mechanical parts replaced with new and enamel powder coated prior to fitting

New steering rack

New engine mountings

All brake components, discs, callipers, drums, manifold/pipes, etc, replaced with new.

New clutch and drive shafts

New water pump, fuel pump, fuel lines.

All new water hoses and radiator flush

New ignition coil, distributor, leads, etc.

Fitted with Luminition electronic ignition system

New Solex carburettor

New starter motor

Reconditioned alternator

Complete new exhaust system to engine manifold

Enamel powder coated engine bay components including all support struts, air filter cover, engine rocker cover, etc.

New headlamps and all new other light fittings, including additional high level brake light.

New bumper and associated components, all enamel powder coated prior to fitting

New front grill, including headlamp fitting housing

Enamel powder coated wheels matched to original colour

Tow bar complete with wired electrics and indicator buzzer

New door rubbing strips

New side mirrors (left and right)

Complete new window and door seals

Etc, etc…..
=================================

Interior/additional features

Immaculate original brown check upholstery, including genuine colour matched Renault 4 head-rests

Additional sound proofing throughout, including behind body panels/bulkhead and roof lining.

New carpets throughout

3 point rear seatbelts

Blaupunkt 4 speaker Radio/CD player

Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth hands free phone kit

Dashboard digital clock

Twin interior lights

Toad Category 1 immobiliser/alarm system

12v accessory outlet

Etc, etc….

Renault 4 Wanted

Your Renault 4 looks very clean and you've clearly spent a great deal of time on the car. Whilst I am very interested I suspect however that it is outside of my price range.

How much are you wanting for the car?

If that frankly lovely example is too expensive my Father has a red GTL for sale. Its got 9 months MOT on it and is in presentable condition. Not perfect but it's being used daily at the moment so it wouldn't be. He'd probably also throw in some useful bits if you wanted them

Yes I'm very interested in your father's Renault 4. I currently use a Renault 4 van which is in a similar condition and I find them useful everyday transport.

Does your father have an idea of what price he is looking for? Where is the vehicle and would it be possible to come and see it? I note that you say your father has some useful parts which I am also interested in.

If you want to discuss offline then please call me on 07814 147324.

If that frankly lovely example is too expensive my Father has a red GTL for sale. Its got 9 months MOT on it and is in presentable condition. Not perfect but it's being used daily at the moment so it wouldn't be. He'd probably also throw in some useful bits if you wanted them

I just wondered if your red GTL is still for sale as I hadn't heard anything from you. Let me know as I am still interested if it is?

Back