Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted - Usual Retro Chrome bits!

snailshed

Enthusiast
Hi All,
I should probably start by introducing myself. I have just returned to R4's after a 5 year gap by buying Purpaboo's old silver R4 GTL which is identical to my first one (D974UAP which I think is still about oop North). Anyway the car is getting all manner of TLC and I want to go down the (well trodden) path of de-GTL'ing it.

I'm therefore on the lookout for:

- A decent 68 on aluminium grille
- Chrome doorhandles
- Chrome bumpers each end (or is it easier / cheaper to have the spare pair I've got chromed these days?)
- Decent Chrome grab handle things above the front bumper
- Decent silver inserts for the front and rear window rubbers
- A set of steel wheels (sort of like French Rostyles) of the type sometimes seen fitted in France on R4's, which also were fitted to R12 Gordinis and R16TX's. I'll also need the wheelnuts if they are specific to these wheels... I'm happy to refurbish a tatty set if thats all I can find, tyres optional.
- A pair of chrome wing mirrors

In addition the car is crying out for a pair of replacement outer front wings in silver and although its a tall order I'd like to get a set with original faded paint and as dent / rust free as possible!

If anyone can help on any of the above just PM me or I'm on 07765 713967. I'm near St Albans in Herts so South East area preferable or a preparedness to post stuff on my behalf and cost a bonus! I have pictures of the wheels I'm after if you want to check we are talking abount the same ones. Thanks,

Nic :)

Wheel Image

Hi All, found an image of the wheels I'd like. Apparently these are fitted to the late Clan models in France. Wheelnuts and centre caps a bonus!

• 8287435613.jpg
    8287435613.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 142
Hi All, found an image of the wheels I'd like. Apparently these are fitted to the late Clan models in France. Wheelnuts and centre caps a bonus!

They were also fitted to Mk1 R5 Le Car2 models over here which might make them a bit easier to find.

They were also fitted to Mk1 R5 Le Car2 models over here which might make them a bit easier to find.

Thanks for that!

I'm looking elsewhere and someone else tells me the ones fitted on R12's and 16's don't fit R4's, so you can ignore that bit... Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks

Back