Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Well it could be called the spiritual successor of the Four

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
Hi here's my wifes lovely new car, she has wanted one since they came out in the early nineties and I finally succumbed and found her one for her this year.

This is a 2000 V plate Twingo with the 1.2 Clio engine not the Five pushrod design.

It has the full length sunroof as previously she had a Nissan 100nx and I wanted to continue having a car for sunny days.

Its only a boring side photo of the car cos Im in the middle of sending them to my friend (he's a vehicle graphics designer) its also a good before picture ready for when he's finished it.

Don't tell my good lady, we're doing it when she goes off to France for her holidays!

Does it count towards being able to stay around on the forum then?

The Twingo is a rarity here since Renault did'nt ever release this model through their dealership network in dear old blighty. However, I think their new replacement twingo is being built rhd for sale here. I've only seen one twingo here, parked in a motorway service area on the M1. They are very popular in France, we see loads of them on holiday, I rather like the distinctive grey air scoop on the bonnet. Were they not possibly a ren5 repacement? The renault blurb claimed the 4 seater Kangoo as the 4 inspired replacement and to some extent I agree, the wheels and bonnet/wing lines echo the 4, moreso the van variant. Because of the rarity of your little twingo Clem and Malcolm might adopt you.:wink:

Of course we'll adopt you. The original Twingo is cool. And in France they fill the same function as most used the R4 - a cool second car. New Twingo isn't the same. Shame we missed out on the original.

Looking forward to photos of the signwriting. :D

Thank you for the adoption I'm honoured.

I also have a 57 plate Renault Master 120hp with all the toys does that count too?
Its not a white van either its a nice shade of black (funnily enough the same as the Twingos).

Its a shame but whilst looking for this Twingo I managed to pick up a one owner early 1995 Twingo UK registered, the chap had bought it in Portugal and then brought it over to the UK, at one time he was also the importer for the Kph to Mph speedos too. The speedos were specifically made for the Renault Spider but were the same as the Twingo's but with the need to be able to have Mph for the Japanese market, so he imported them.

Trouble was he had a bad smash with the left hand front corner with a Harley Davidson motorbike and although it was repairable the rest of the body was succumbing to rot, (no change from a Renault 4 then) I bought it off him with a view to repairing it for my daughter to run round in very cheaply (£150) but it wasn't to be, I managed to source all the panels and Renault UK support them with no problems but the rest of the body work was too bad to continue. so I'm afraid its gone to Twingo heaven,

I robbed it of quite a few parts for this Twingo but I did feel rather guilty having to scrap it, they are such cute little things.

ive seen a twingo up for sale think it was a 2000 and it was one owner 7000 miles from new
he said it was the top spec one as it had leather and a/c and was an auto

whats it worth you think?

would have asked but the l.hand drive put me of a bit

We paid £2k for ours but I feel we paid over the odds for it, but I specifically wanted the opening sun roof version.

A local girl bought a 51plate near here top of the range like the one you mention and paid only £1400 for it, if I were you I'd look at the Clio range and find the equivalent version of that on Parkers and then it'll give you some idea.

Oh and keep an eye out on ebay for cars and see what they sell for is my only advice.

The left hand drive issue isn't too much of a problem and plenty of comapnies are ready to insure them.

i think this one had the opening sunroofs as well
i might well ring him then and see what hes after for it
i doubt id keep it as a generally use estates or something like a r4 space wise for work

Matt the Twingo is amazingly spacious, with the rear seat set right back there's more legroom in the rear than a Safrane plus all the seats fold up and there's a huge amount of room in there.

just rang them and they arnt selling it now

just as well really ive got too many cars already :)

Back